USB TV Tuner.

• Current Amlogic builds have limited support for DVB devices compared to Generic/RPi builds due to the ancient 3.10/3.14 kernels in use and we are still experimenting with media_build support. We figured out how to backport and build it, but this then breaks other drivers (e.g. IR things) we consider to be more fundamental and important. If you find something that works, great, but if not an RPi3 as the headend device is a good compromise.

NB: Things will improve for 64-bit devices once we move up to a current kernel as we'll be able to use media_build without hacking, but that's months away and 32-bit hardware will remain on the older kernels (noticing one of your boxes is S805).

• Is it possible to buy a usb tuner and get live OTA TV to work on LIbreELEC?

Hi,

I'm using USB dongle almost every day with just 1 issue: I have to replug it on (re)boot
    It seems that the problem has been solved in latest builds.
    I have 4 dongles which I tested... Every ones works

Best regards

edit: I'm using it with tvheadend on LE 8.0.1

Edited once, last by adm (April 29, 2017 at 2:35 PM).

• Is there a list of usb tuners that work with Amlogic boxes? Can anyone recommend one?

I have a cheap usb hdstar and works ok my s905x. HD channels work great but some of the sd channels have the odd glitch for me using latest kszaq build. AlexElec build also work but again the odd glitch.

I also have a wetek play 2 with raybuntu image and as you expect no problems all smooth.