LibreELEC-RPi.arm-8.0.1 total noob

• had a couple of attempts at this had it up and running on raspberry pi 1 32gb sd card
    1st attempt
    followed various methods formatting sd cards using image tool to create a boot sd only trouble is when i boot into kodi i cant install any add-ons from sources ,or.from zip closer inspection of sd card libreelec created various partition on it one of 512mb fat32 for le one of about 32mb exeat this has kodi in it hidden from windows pc another 30gb exfat also hidden does libreelec use that unallocated space for running things why isnt possible with installing add-ons , i had this trouble dual booting on mxq box before so cant just be me lol ,

2nd attempt
    read some where about using gparted to resize partitions went well so I thought had more showing in mmcblk0p2mmcblk0p2

still the same problem cant add anything then even after a reboot settings back to normal cant even change the skin

first attempt what sd card looked like

second attempt

says add-ons enabled go to add-ons on home screen it isn't there ,also on one occasion install from repository missing it isn't there

Edited once, last by scareyb (April 16, 2017 at 1:09 PM).

• Seems to me you are writing the image onto an sd card, then yank it out and start to examine it before the inital installation of LibreELEC is done.
    You should LibreELEC do its job and let it autoresize the 2nd / storage partition to its full extend, as well as let it do the wizard setup.

• When you create sd card and put it in RPi to boot from it then on first boot it resizes card to use whole space. Seems something went wrong in your case - just write it again and leave it to boot properly. No need to adjust partition sizes.