Unusual removable drive issue

• I switched from Openelec to Libre because y'all have 17.1 Kodi already. I multi boot four operating systems on a Raspi, Ubuntu Mate, OpenElec, RetroPie, and and of course Libreelec.

I don't run any illegal addons.

So I was hard at work with filebot converting my movies to the proper naming convention. I accidentally dropped the entire folder into the trash, and emptied it absentmindedly. When I realize what i did, i immediately unmounted the drive. It took the better art of the week but i got all my files back from a combination of Testdisk and ntfsundelete.

But now that drive doesn't read in Libre. Which is weird because its a Western Digital and it mounts two partitions, MYBook where the data is, and Smartware, where the utilities are. So the OS sees the drive, just not that partition.

The drive reads on all the other os on the same rasp pi. It also reads on Windows 10.
    Also, it is a powered drive, so it shouldnt be overwhelming the Raspi current wise.

Plus I can't figure out why Kodi 17.1 used to be able to read the drive and now only reads part of it.

Id really hate to have to scrap a 2tb drive, but I have to admit i am at a loss at what to do here.

Edited once, last by YatYAs (April 13, 2017 at 2:32 AM).

• I have just discovered that Kodi 16, on my openelec partition does the same thing, mounts the Smartware partition but not the MyBook partition.

Edited once, last by YatYAs (April 14, 2017 at 3:19 AM).

• Does anything happen when you run "eject /dev/sr1" from the console? .. on some wireless devices the fake CD device (with drivers etc.) must be ejected before the wireless part is made available. Otherwise there are some messages in dmesg that I haven't found a clean explanation for yet.

The easiest way out of this is to shift the content off the drive and do a clean reformat, copy it back. As much as a I like debug challenge it would be quicker if you have something to temporarily move the data to.

• Code
    [    0.000000] Linux version 4.4.32v7-aufs (max@lynx) (gcc version 4.8.4 (Buildroot 2015.02-gf4a5ebb-dirty) ) #1 SMP Fri Nov 18 23:17:35 CET 2016
    [    0.000000] CPU: ARMv7 Processor [410fd034] revision 4 (ARMv7), cr=10c5383d

BerryBoot?

If yes, no further support until you've tried a proper LE image running our kernel not the frankenstein image you're using. Seriously. We build a tightly integrated OS/app package and we do not support someone else's completely different kernel.

• Is your storage partition running out of disk space?

EDIT: Were you speaking of the storage on the SD card or the removable drive?

According to properties dialog boxes in both Linux and Windows, I have 400ish gb of space left. I'm going to find a windows computer and chkdsk /f it, and defrag and see if that helps.

Edited once, last by YatYAs (April 15, 2017 at 11:11 PM).

• I mean the storage space on the /storage partition of your SD card. Removable drives do no contain local databases for LibreELEC (by default anyway). Do a "df -h | pastebinit" in SSH (without the quotes..) and share the returned URL. Perhaps the storage partition hasn't resized properly during the initial LE boot.