Screen is frozen after update to 8.0.1

• I updated the LibreELEC on my Raspberry Pi 3 and now my screen is frozen and I cannot do anything with it.
    I followed the instructions as per the "LibreELEC manual update through settings" and the update seemed to go fine.
    It got through the update to the point of saying "Upload download completed"
    It now has the LibreELEC logo in the middle of my screen with LibreELEC (official) - version:8.0.1 in small print in the top left hand corner.

I cannot do anything with it now. It is just frozen at this point

Cheers

• Kodi is crashing and won't start, we need to see your crashlog to understand what the issue is. Connect to the "Logfiles" smb share on your "frozen" LibreELEC device and upload the latest log*.zip file somewhere (dropbox, google drive etc.) then paste a download link.

• Official Post

You'll probably find the OS is booted but Kodi is not starting up, hence nothing overwrites the boot splash on screen and it looks stuck. You should be able to SSH into the box and share the system journal (journalctl -b 0 --no-pager | paste) and Kodi log if present (cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | paste) and share the URLs generated so we can hopefully/maybe see what the issue is.

• You'll probably find the OS is booted but Kodi is not starting up, hence nothing overwrites the boot splash on screen and it looks stuck. You should be able to SSH into the box and share the system journal (journalctl -b 0 --no-pager | paste) and Kodi log if present (cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | paste) and share the URLs generated so we can hopefully/maybe see what the issue is.

I'm sorry I am struggling to follow your instructions.
    I may need to find someone local to give me a hand with this

Cheers Brett

• I'm having the same problem. I have SSH'd into the frozen and trie TOP to see what is running. Kodi just pops up occasionally on the list so it is starting and then stopping.

Journal: LFNJ
    kodi.log: JWLO
    and here's the kodi crashlog: bQTH

Any suggestions appreciated.

Russell

Edited once, last by russellz (April 7, 2017 at 5:11 PM).

• Crashlogs, that what we need. /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crash.log
    [hr]

I'm having the same problem. I have SSH'd into the frozen and trie TOP to see what is running. Kodi just pops up occasionally on the list so it is starting and then stopping.

Journal: LFNJ
    kodi.log: JWLO

Any suggestions appreciated.

Russell

Although in this case, it's pretty clear you have a database issue:

Code
    15:52:33.483 T:1962264704   ERROR: SQL: [Addons27.db] SQL error or missing database
                                                Query: SELECT idVersion FROM version

Try:

Code
    rm /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database/Addons27.db

and reboot.

For some reason your addon database has failed to migrate. If it continues, try uploading your AddonsXX.db version prior to Addons27.db and paste a link.

Edited once, last by milhouse (April 7, 2017 at 5:13 PM).

• Thanks the tutorial was easy enough to follow but puTTY wasn't recognizing my IP address so I may have to get someone else to have a look at it for me.
    Cheers Brett

• Official Post

Can we please have a copy of the previous DB file from the same folder; for Jarvis this will be Addons20.db. Share the file via dropbox or similar or if not possible email to my forum username @libreelec.tv. The file will be passed to Kodi developers to investigate why the migration process is failing. Fixes were added into Krypton 17.1 to solve a previous (more common) migration issue but there are clearly other scenarios that cause issues.

• Can we please have a copy of the previous DB file from the same folder; for Jarvis this will be Addons20.db. Share the file via dropbox or similar or if not possible email to my forum username @libreelec.tv. The file will be passed to Kodi developers to investigate why the migration process is failing. Fixes were added into Krypton 17.1 to solve a previous (more common) migration issue but there are clearly other scenarios that cause issues.

If I could manage to achieve this I would. I would like nothing better than having the Raspberry pi available to me again but as mentioned earlier I couldn't get putty to recognize my IP address so I wasn't able to undertake the previous request

• Crashlogs, that what we need. /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crash.log
    [hr]

Although in this case, it's pretty clear you have a database issue:

Code
    15:52:33.483 T:1962264704 ERROR: SQL: [Addons27.db] SQL error or missing database
    Query: SELECT idVersion FROM version

Try:

Code
    rm /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database/Addons27.db

and reboot.

For some reason your addon database has failed to migrate. If it continues, try uploading your AddonsXX.db version prior to Addons27.db and paste a link.

Thanks Milhouse,
    That's fixed it.

Russell
    [hr]

Can we please have a copy of the previous DB file from the same folder; for Jarvis this will be Addons20.db. Share the file via dropbox or similar or if not possible email to my forum username @libreelec.tv. The file will be passed to Kodi developers to investigate why the migration process is failing. Fixes were added into Krypton 17.1 to solve a previous (more common) migration issue but there are clearly other scenarios that cause issues.

Not sure who this was addressed to but here's a link to my Addons20.db file:
    Dropbox - Addons20.db

Russell

Edited once, last by russellz (April 8, 2017 at 10:31 AM).