Help migrating from openelec to libreelec

• I found a video outlining how to update my chromebox from openelec to libreelec. The problem is, when i navigate to the IP address, there is no update file. In fact, the page that I am sent to has "Kodi" and the Kodi symbol in the left corner of the screen, and Profiles, Remote, Movies, TV, and Music along the right side. Nothing else to indicate where to drag the update file.

I do not know what to do now. I can follow directions (I think), but I am not computer literate.

Thank you in advance.

• I found a video outlining how to update my chromebox from openelec to libreelec. The problem is, when i navigate to the IP address, there is no update file. In fact, the page that I am sent to has "Kodi" and the Kodi symbol in the left corner of the screen, and Profiles, Remote, Movies, TV, and Music along the right side. Nothing else to indicate where to drag the update file.

I do not know what to do now. I can follow directions (I think), but I am not computer literate.

Thank you in advance.

From your description I think you're sticking the IP address in the address bar of your web browser (internet explorer by any chance?).
    You should be using windows explorer (as in when you go to 'My Computer').

• That's correct.

Please follow this video exactly!! to migrate:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thank you for the replies... yes, that is the video I am using. Is there something on my chromebox that may need to be configured for remote access? Also, when I try to open the tar file to copy and paste, windows asks for me to select a program to open it with??

Thank you again, for the assistance.

• okay, I figured out my error... I had copied down the IP address wrong. I unzipped the tar file with Winzip and placed it in the Update folder. However, the update does not occur after rebooting... I am still running Openelec. Not sure why the update is not happening. I am selecting the generic build.

Any ideas?
    I am about to call directv. :(
    [hr]
    Is this what I need to do>>>Hit ESC while its starting, you might be missing it. That should pull up boot menu. Boot to the installer and wipe the drive. Found that in another thread.

Edited once, last by ckabee1 (March 31, 2017 at 12:01 AM).

• That's correct.

Please follow this video exactly!! to migrate:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I tried to do the same thing but I downloaded the wrong file. It's an Intel based htpc. Now it says booting kernal failed and I'm stuck at a boot prompt and have no idea what to do. I can't get it to boot to usb either.