Posts by cfrisoli

You could try using a bootable USB stick with a Ubuntu Live ISO running.
    Then you can copy the correct files manually to LE's boot partition on the HDD/SSD.

Or take out the HDD/SSD from your htpc and put it into a different PC.

If you're without Linux skills, then it's probably best to do a fresh, new installation onto your PC.
    Doing a spring cleaning install of Kodi has its perks anyway.

Thanks, I was able to make a libreelec bootable usb and it worked great.

That's correct.

Please follow this video exactly!! to migrate:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I tried to do the same thing but I downloaded the wrong file. It's an Intel based htpc. Now it says booting kernal failed and I'm stuck at a boot prompt and have no idea what to do. I can't get it to boot to usb either.

I'm trying to migrate from openelec to libreelec on an intel pc but like an idiot I downloaded the wrong file and now I get kernel failed: ivalid argument. I found the correct file but I can't access the unit because it's not longer on the network. It just boots to a prompt. I don't know how to get the wrong file out and start over. Help, please