Bad Samba Speed

• Hi,

i use libreelec since 1 week, before that i used kodibuntu and an very old release of openelec. Yesterday i tried to sort my media files on my 3 hdds but samba worked very bad. it took some time to show my all the files stored in a folder. My kodibuntu was very unstable but the samba server worked very good. Is this normal behavior on libreelec?

bunter fisch

• Sorting files on a server is not really necessary. Files are sorted via Kodi's database when using the video library.
    It can also take some time when the files on the HDDs are no yet cached in the HDDs themselves. But this is a one time thing per boot-up.

Network speed is dependent on multiple factors. Good network speed but an unstable OS (=Kodibuntu) would not be my chosing. Possibly LibreELEC is using newer network drivers that have become not fully 100% compatible with your older(?) hardware.

• The problem is to the speed of the network. the speed when i copy files from my computer to teh htpc is ok and as good as when i do this with ubuntu. the problem is that it takes a while when i go to a folder. it takes 1-2 sec to show my a matroska file. i see the files one after the other. this is something i've never seen with samba server.