I’m a noobie to Kodi and I have experienced several “skin” related issues with Confluence and Xonfluence skins. I’ve only been doing this for 2 weeks but there are some things that I was unaware of by just watching the Youtube videos. Below I have identified the problems that I encountered and the solutions:
Problem #1: Changes to Confluence and Xonfluence skins sometimes revert back to the default settings. The changes made to the skin are lost permanently. This problem occurs most frequently when the user does a “hard exit” from the Kodi program by using the Firestick remote Home button or if Kodi kicks the user out.
Solution: Install the Skin Helper Service Skin Backup Program addon from the repository. After changes are made, use this addon to save the skin settings. When the skin settings get lost, use the program to restore the settings.
Problem #2: Changes to the Xonfluence skin revert back to the default settings. The Skin Helper Service Skin Backup program will restore the skin settings but it is only temporary. After each exit, the skin goes back to default.
Solution A: There is a bug with the Xonfluence skin Exit button on the Firestick. Using the Power function at the bottom of the screen shows a Shut Down menu with 2 options: 1. Skin and 2. Exit. When the user selects the Exit option, nothing happens and the Koki system does not exit. The user is forced to use the Firestick Remote Home button but this option does not save the settings. You can add an "Exit" submenu option to the Xonfluence skin for the System category on the ribbon.
Here are the steps to add the Exit submenu option:
1. Go to the System category on the main ribbon and select it.
2. Select the Skin settings (top of the screen) and select it.
3. From the Skin Settings – General window, navigate to the Sub-menu choices option.
4. Move to the right where its states “Select menu item:” This is where ribbon categories can be selected for editing on the sub-menus.
5. Press the remote until “System Submenu set” is indicated. Each time you press the remote, it will switch to each category on the ribbon.
6. Navigate to the bottom of the Submenu items.
7. On an empty Submenu item, press the remote. A window will appear that allows you to select a menu item.
8. Select Shutdown menu item. Two options will appear in a window: 1. Shutdown menu and 2. Exit.
9. Select the “Exit” option and select Done with the remote.
10. Get out of the Skin Settings and go back to the main Kodi screen.
11. Under the System category, a new Submenu item should appear that says “Exit”.
12. Press the Exit submenu option in order to get out of Kodi. The skin changes should now be saved.
13. Go back into Kodi and verify. If you see the “Exit” option under the System category then your most recent skin changes have been saved. Always use this System Submenu Exit option after skin changes and the changes should be saved. I have not seen these “Exit” instructions anywhere on videos or Google searches in order to save the skin settings. But maybe I was looking in the wrong place.
Solution B: I have read that skin settings can also be saved by switching to another skin and then back to Xonfluencce. I tried this and it worked for me but I do not know how reliable that option is. I just tried it for the first time earlier tonight.
Final Thoughts: After making skin changes, I would save the skin with the Skin Helper Service Skin Backup addon. Next, I would try to switch skins and then go back to Xonfluence again and see if your changes are still there. Lastly, I would use the Systems Exit Submenu option in order to exit the application. If switching skins fails to save, you can always restore the skin and try the Exit option again. This worked for me.