Can't sync with my main nas mysql database

• just got a wetek core and have installed libreelec 7.0.2 for the first time. my other boxes run openelec. for the life of me, i can't seem to access my main shared database on my nas.

this is my advancedsettings file

do i not just throw this file onto my wetek box then reboot? or do i have to setup the file folders on the box first or import video files? i can't for the life of me remember how i set up the other openelec boxes so long ago that i have... and it's driving me crazy. i've tried all kinds of different things but the box refuses to update the library at all.

can someone help me out? thanks in advance.

• user/pass in the settings is the original user/pass i had setup for the mysql database back when kodi was xbmc.

i seemed to have solved it though. for some reason the box kept creating a new database in mysql. it wasn't using my existing one. so i removed the one's it created and it finally seem to take to the existing database. all movies and shows seem to be in sync. no clue y it was doing that. i even tried adding the <name> tags and it would still populate a new database when i did a hard reset on the box.

• Official Post

Go into LE settings and set a "wait for network delay" of 5-10 seconds. Many low-power arm devices have slow(er) loading network drivers and because the OS boots fast Kodi can be started before the network has finished initialising, so Kodi cannot connect to the SQL database. Adding a delay allows the network to come up first, and then things work.

• Go into LE settings and set a "wait for network delay" of 5-10 seconds. Many low-power arm devices have slow(er) loading network drivers and because the OS boots fast Kodi can be started before the network has finished initialising, so Kodi cannot connect to the SQL database. Adding a delay allows the network to come up first, and then things work.

i have it set to 10 sec.. but will try extending it.
    [hr]
    i've set it at 20 seconds. it's strange it still keeps creating it's own database in mysql. i'll drop the database and reboot the machine and sure enough it pops up again. any one have an idea on how to fix this? it keeps creating the same database id's instead of using the existing one already there.

Edited once, last by giddyup69 (June 30, 2016 at 4:16 AM).

• Also remember you'll need the same Kodi version on every device, so if those openelec boxes are still on Kodi 15.1 you'll need to upgrade them too.

• Glad you're sorted, I gave up, I installed the db on my qnap, followed the process and it was great for about 2 viewings and then it all went to shit.

I had the same version on all machines (16.1) and used the same .xml and sources. (obviously not the xbox's)

One would lose the TV sections, another the Movies and then some would lose them all.

• Glad you're sorted, I gave up, I installed the db on my qnap, followed the process and it was great for about 2 viewings and then it all went to *****.

I had the same version on all machines (16.1) and used the same .xml and sources. (obviously not the xbox's)

One would lose the TV sections, another the Movies and then some would lose them all.

sorry.. should have replied earlier.

i actually was still having problems with the database. libreelec would continue to create a new database. i ended up completely switching the other openelec boxes to libreelec and starting my database from scratch. the first few boots, the boxes were still randomly creating databases, so i kept wiping out the older databases and keeping only the newer one. eventually they all started to work on the same database (have no clue y).

everything has been working as it should now. not sure y different versions of kodi would affect the sharing of a database but i guess it does ! i'm not very technical in that respect.

i also tried using the <name> tag in settings but for some reason the boxes would still create new random databases. if i specified a name like MyMovies... 1 box would create MyMovies70 and another MyMovies76. If i deleted one of the databases and then changed the <name> to the existing MyMovies70 the next box would make MyMovies7076... it was very frustrating. eventually ... somehow ... they started using only 1 same database.

i know i should have perhaps kept log files, but when one is banging their head on a wall in frustration trying to get things to work.. i didn't have the patience to do all that.

my own theory, is that these cheaper kodi boxes.. like my wetek are having some sort of issues with the network coming online. it isn't accessing the database properly and then it just decides to do whatever it feels like.

if i were you, just have a quick peak at your log files and see if there are any errors stating problems connecting to the database and go from there. if there are... it's most likely something to do with the box not initiating the network fast enough. then u will have to play around with network delays and perhaps even add some extra lines to your autostart.sh to manually get things going the way it should.

this was a good thread i found ... it's a much older openelec thread but at least explains how to get the correct debug log files.. it might help you out.
    OpenELEC Mediacenter - OpenELEC Forum - Problem with updating database 5.08 to 5.92 (1/1)