Asrock beebox n3150 3840 x 2160 some videos jerky

• Hey guys I have an asrock beebox n3150 running libreelec 7. I have the output settings at 3840 x 2160 and maxed out at 30hz. I have noticed that some content mainly sd will be jerky mainly when people are moving and camera panning. Movies are mostly fine in hd but I have not tried any 4k stuff yet.

Is this due to the 30hz setting? I can't go any higher, would a 60hz setting be better? Not that I have it lol.

• I have solved the problem I have changed settings in kodi back to 1080p and in playback settings put on adjust display refresh rate to on start/stop. Does libreelec 8 do this automatically?

• Was the SD material that had the issue interlaced? I think that the driver for the Intel graphics hardware improved in this respect in LibreELEC 8. Certainly I have a small number of 1080i Blu-rays that I ripped which had issues with LE 7 which were solved with LE 8. I am running LE on an N3060, but the graphics hardware on the N3150 is the same as far as I know.

• If you upgrade from 7 to 8, those settings will remain.
    And no, LibreELEC is not that smart (unfortunately) that ALL settings will be correct by default.

I have libreelec 8 from Demetris running on an android s802 which must have the auto framerate set to on.

Can I just upgrade my libreelec 7 to 8 via update folder or is a fresh install best?
    [hr]

Was the SD material that had the issue interlaced? I think that the driver for the Intel graphics hardware improved in this respect in LibreELEC 8. Certainly I have a small number of 1080i Blu-rays that I ripped which had issues with LE 7 which were solved with LE 8. I am running LE on an N3060, but the graphics hardware on the N3150 is the same as far as I know.

I'm not sure it was a tv show. I will upgrade to libreelec 8.

Edited once, last by avd (March 16, 2017 at 7:40 AM).

• Hey guys I have an asrock beebox n3150 running libreelec 7. I have the output settings at 3840 x 2160 and maxed out at 30hz. I have noticed that some content mainly sd will be jerky mainly when people are moving and camera panning. Movies are mostly fine in hd but I have not tried any 4k stuff yet.

Is this due to the 30hz setting? I can't go any higher, would a 60hz setting be better? Not that I have it lol.

How did you manage to set it to 2160p ? My n3150 beebox has 1080p as max output.

• I have a 3700 (had a 3150 before) it realy depends on the deinterlacing and scaler which is set...
    The 3700 (16EUs) is cappable of lancos3 and Motion Adaptive/comp deinterlacing. The 3150 (12EUs) stuggled there..
    You can try vaapi bob as deinterlacing method and bilinear for upscaling that should work. Also HQ- Scaler >10℅ should be set. HD 1080i stutters on the 3155 for me if this is not set.
    SD content looks not great but okay that way.

I only use a fixed framerate 1080p50 and sync to screen option set. Never tried 4k on the 3150 because HD wasn't smooth with high quality deinterlacer set.
    24fps or 29.9fps videos are running pretty smooth also.

You can set deinterlacing method and upscaler when watching a video or live TV by bringing up the menu and clicking on the film wheel.

Regards

Nicolas

Edited once, last by Nicolas (April 2, 2017 at 12:14 PM).