Fixed IP ??

• Hi

I'm using the Plex media Player on Raspberry that is based on LibreElec. I just have one issue. Is it possible to setup LibreElec to use fixed IP for network instead of DHCP ? I searched a little in directories of system but found nothing conclusive :(

Thanks

Vincèn

• Hi

I'm using the Plex media Player on Raspberry that is based on LibreElec. I just have one issue. Is it possible to setup LibreElec to use fixed IP for network instead of DHCP ? I searched a little in directories of system but found nothing conclusive

Thanks

Vincèn

Yepp, absolutely no problems.
    I've been using static IP's since start.
    You'll find these settings under LibreELEC settings.
    (not at home so I can't get the full name...)

• Hi

I'm using the Plex media Player on Raspberry that is based on LibreElec. I just have one issue. Is it possible to setup LibreElec to use fixed IP for network instead of DHCP ? I searched a little in directories of system but found nothing conclusive

Thanks

Vincèn

I'm on the current alpha release of libreelec, so your menu points can be named different.

You can do that at the libreelec settings.
    Go to Settings -> Libreelec Settings. You should find an entry named connections select the connection, choose edit. Under the IPv4 settings, set the addressing mode to manual and enter the desired ip.

• Yepp, absolutely no problems.
    I've been using static IP's since start.
    You'll find these settings under LibreELEC settings.
    (not at home so I can't get the full name...)

But where do you find that menu ? is it on video display ? as I have only the Plex player in video (and settings are only Plex ones) or in terminal ? I'm able to ssh on it without problem ! I searched in Wiki but found nothing about network :(

Thanks

• But where do you find that menu ? is it on video display ? as I have only the Plex player in video (and settings are only Plex ones) or in terminal ? I'm able to ssh on it without problem ! I searched in Wiki but found nothing about network

Thanks

Login via ssh and do the following:
    type

Code
    connmanctl services

You will get a list with available networks.
    There should be one entry with an asterisk in front. Mine is named "ethernet_e81863506807_cable".

This is the entry you need to modify by typing:

Code
    connmanctl config <entry_with_asterisk> --ipv4 manual <your ip> <your netmask> <your gateway>

Replace the <placeholders> with your desired values.

This should do the trick.

Edited once, last by svend (June 28, 2016 at 11:00 AM).

• Login via ssh and do the following:
    type

Code
    connmanctl services

You will get a list with available networks.
    There should be one entry with an asterisk in front. Mine is named "ethernet_e81863506807_cable".

This is the entry you need to modify by typing:

Code
    connmanctl config <entry_with_asterisk> --ipv4 manual <your ip> <your netmask> <your gateway>

Replace the <placeholders> with your desired values.

This should do the trick.

Perfect :) Exactly what I needed, thanks a lot :)

• Login via ssh and do the following:

If I may improve a bit on your excellent answer :). As I am lazy, I do it like this:

Code
    connmanctl config "$(connmanctl services | awk '/^\*/ {print $3}')" --ipv4 manual 192.168.1.8 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.1

This finds the entry starting with * and sets the IP address to 192.168.1.8 with gateway set to 192.168.1.1. Adjust these two as you need them.