LibreELEC 8.0.0 – xorg server failed + mouse on black screen

• Hi, i have two problems with LibreELEC.

The first one is this: I installed LibreELEC, then rebooted it, everything is ok, so i installed some addons. After I shut the pc down and then after start up I see this: 5a24xt.jpg (I don't have a debuglog because I can't connect ssh – i don't remember if it was allowed)

I tried install the LibreELEC again. After installation and rebooting I did the basic steps after first start up. Then I shut the pc down – I tried to find out if that bug isn't doing some add-on. After start up I see cursor on black screen. I can move the cursor but that is everything I can do with it.

LibreELEC version: LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0.0

debuglog: cgVd
    dmesg: [Bash] dmesg - Pastebin.com

Hardware specs:
    MB: Asus A8N-e nForce 4 Ultra
    CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3700+
    GPU: MSI R5450-MD512H 512MB DDR3
    2 GB DDR RAM (4× 512 MB)
    4× SATA HDD

• For some reason it is picking up your nvidia nforce chipset as a graphics adapter.

You will have to modify the udev rule for it to work. I can post the steps later.

Then hopefully we can get it running for you and I'll get some more logs from you so I can fix this bug.

• If you can post the steps, i will be happy :) Thank you!

Glad to help with any logs.

I found out that cursor on black screen is after installation and first rebooting, so I cant do the basic setup after install. So there might be another problem?

• Looks like you just need one command via ssh

Code
    touch /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/96-nvidia.rules

then reboot.

It happens to me too at boot. Sometimes during watching a video the image disappears and replaced with a black screen and then it comes back while the sound is working. I am not familiar with running a command via ssh but I will do some reading. (Update: done it after reading wiki)
    My question is if this issue will be addressed in the next release (eg 8.1)?

I have a Zbox with Intel Atom running Libre 8

Edited once, last by DigitALL (March 17, 2017 at 11:46 AM).

• The art of screwing up a relatively good install:
    The failure of starting xorg server used to happen once at two or three days. I have done exactly as per info, entering "touch /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/96-nvidia.rules" and then "reboot".
    Now the LibreELEC does not start, it stays stuck at xorg problem. I have rebooted and accessed ssh and entered the command again, the same result. Please take a look at the pictures. Please suggest what should I do.

• The art of screwing up a relatively good install:
    The failure of starting xorg server used to happen once at two or three days. I have done exactly as per info, entering "touch /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/96-nvidia.rules" and then "reboot".
    Now the LibreELEC does not start, it stays stuck at xorg problem. I have rebooted and accessed ssh and entered the command again, the same result. Please take a look at the pictures. Please suggest what should I do.

You have a Nvidia graphics card you so don't want this. To fix it just do

Code
    rm /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/96-nvidia.rules

then reboot

• I have joined the site to thank you for this fix. I was pulling tuner cards and messing with bios for hours, trying to get a stable-every time boot. Worked like a charm, after i got a good boot to ssh into.
    It is much appreciated,
    Nekoma

Looks like you just need one command via ssh

Code
    touch /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/96-nvidia.rules

then reboot.