CEC doesn't works

• Hi All,

In the past I always have used openelec. But some noticed me that libreelec was beter and quicker one.
    And I must agree on that. It's easer and faster.

The only problem I have is that on my RPI3 the CEC (give as sofware Pulse adaptor, general install) doesn't work on Libreelec. If I use the openelec options it works out of the box, with same options. Does anybody any idea's?

thanks in advance for your reply.

Kind Regards,

Hendrik

Edited once, last by gebruikerh (June 27, 2016 at 8:12 AM).

• Hi Gerald,

Thanks for reply, maybe I explain it incorrectly. Libreelec has selected it as pulse CEC adaptor, maybe I need to somehow chang it?
    But I have no idea how I should do that.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Kind Regards,

hendrik

• Official Post

I don't know if anything has changed in that regard between RPi2 and RPi3. But my CEC works perfectly with my RPi2.

So I would consider to look at

Code
    dmesg

and the kodi logfile under:

Code
    /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

if those might show something strange.

• Ok thanks i will try that one.

Also try to install openelec on my RPI3 and see if the same problem is there. As i'm now using a RPI1 to compaire (Still the same tv..)

• CEC works fine on RPI3 here.

Well, it depends also on TV type. From my experience, Samsung and Panasonic works just fine, but LG has some glitches - must be always manually selected from TV Menu (annoying), and also I had some troubles in some libCEC versions. Fortunatelly, 7.0.1 bundled libcec otherwise works.

Maybe logs with enabling debug on CEC could be usefull. From your post:

Code
    Libreelec with kodi 16.1 -> CEC (marked als pulse) doens't work with my RPI 3 and sharp tv
    Opeelec with kodi 16.1 -> CEC (marked als pulse) doens't work with my RPI 3 and sharp tv
    Opeelec with kodi 15.1 -> CEC (marked a differente CEC adaptor) works with my RPI3 and sharp TV. And also work with my RPI 1

i would guess, that you are dependant to specific libCEC version (libCEC is updated continuously), so it will better try to catch something in logs, post bug report and hopefully wait for fix, than be stucked on old libCEC and must compile all new LibreElec version with it.

FYI.
    5.0.8 uses 2.2.0 libcec (+ imx6 patch)
    7.0.2 uses 3.0.1 libcec (and some patches in addtion imx6 [email protected])

Personally I cant comment 7.0.2, as it wasnt "deployed to production" yet.

Edited once, last by JimmySmith (June 29, 2016 at 9:40 PM).

• I'm not at home today...But I will reload the Libreelec config on the RPI3 again en try to get some logfiles.
    Hopefull somebody can help me out to make some sence of it.

• You need to enable debuging, component debugging and then select CEC related component. That could be done within Kodi menus (maybe you will need switch to the expert mode, and then you will see it somewhere in menu).

Log file/Advanced - Official Kodi Wiki

I would bet, that by default those wouldnt be enabled (ie. when you reset to factory settings).

After appereance of a problem, you can disable it, and send logs here. That way some more experience users can examine those.

Edited once, last by JimmySmith (June 30, 2016 at 9:10 AM).

• Tested it yesterday with LibreELEC v8.0 and there it works again. So it look's likes the problem is directely located to Kodi 16.1...I will wait one version for this one with upgrade.

Or if somebody know how the get the drivers change I would be great.

• Krypton is already quite stable for pi devices. Not perfect, but should be enough to pass a WAF test.

Mmmm tried it...but on live TV I got stutters ..so I tought there still some corrections that needs to be made on RPI3...
    As on al the other version no stutters at all...

But I will see if can try to find out which options I need to change that get that one fixed ...let's see if google is my friend again :-).