RPi3 Bluetooth keyboard support

• Hi

Is it possible to use a bluetooth keyboard just with the bluetooth module of the Rasberry Pi 3?

Yes, I'm using RPi3 internal Bluetooth on OE7 and LE8 (Milhouse) with a Logitech K810.
    When you establish connection you may have to press the RETURN key after you've entered the six digits pin (in my case, connection always failed when I did not press the ENTER key on keyboard).

Edited once, last by thosti (April 2, 2016 at 4:11 PM).

• Thank you, thosti. Could you link me a guide to connect keyboard?
    In LibreELEC settings it says:
    No bluetooth adapter found.

I don't know if zeroconf or airplay must be active, or wireless network...

Edited once, last by Soringo (April 2, 2016 at 2:33 PM).

• Yes, I'm using RPi3 internal Bluetooth on OE7 and LE8 (Milhouse) with a Logitech K810.
    When you establish connection you may have to press the RETURN key after you've entered the six digits pin (in my case, connection always failed when I did not press the ENTER key on keyboard).

I have a Logitech k810 Bluetooth keyboard, working with LibreElec 7.0.0 on RPI3.

The Keyboard won't automatically connect when I switch devices, or when I turn off/on.
    I didn't entered six digits pin, I've just selected "Trust and connect" on Bluetooth devices menu.

• I also connected a k810. Trust and connect works without pin code.
    This keyboard can switch between upto 3 devices. When switching the keyboard to OE or LE machine it does not auto connect. I think that is a Linux Bluetooth issue, not specific to LE and not limited to a RPi. My LE machine is an Intel Celeron.

When switching to a Windows machine it is connected immediately. I still want to research this, but i really think this is an issue for al Linux setups.

Edited once, last by Nailig (April 29, 2016 at 12:00 PM).

• Another Bluetooth keyboard problem!
    Pi3 (onboard bt), LibreELEC RPi2.arm 7.0.2
    Keyboard Seenda "IS11-BT05 Bluetooth Keyboard W Touchpad"
    Problem: When connecting the keyboard, selecting "Connect" or "Connect and Trust" will connect to the keyboard, but will not reconnect after the the keyboard goes to sleep. (The "Star" and "Lock" icons are displayed after a connect is made.)

The keyboard behaves normally when used with same hardware running Raspbian "Jessie", reconnecting a few seconds after coming back from sleep mode.

Any ideas greatly appreciated. I LOVE this little bitty keyboard, and would really like to get it working!

• Another Bluetooth keyboard problem!
    Pi3 (onboard bt), LibreELEC RPi2.arm 7.0.2
    Problem: When connecting the keyboard, selecting "Connect" or "Connect and Trust" will connect to the keyboard, but will not reconnect after the the keyboard goes to sleep. (The "Star" and "Lock" icons are displayed after a connect is made.)

The keyboard behaves normally when used with same hardware running Raspbian "Jessie", reconnecting a few seconds after coming back from sleep mode.

Any ideas greatly appreciated. I LOVE this little bitty keyboard, and would really like to get it working!

Hi, anybody found a solution to this Bluetooth Keyboards problem?

Thx!

• hey guys
    Just chiming in with a similar issue. Except this wont be with built in BT, but Im using one of those cheap white USB keyboards with USB 2.4gz plug in thing. New i8+ Mini Wireless 2.4Ghz Keyboard with Touchpad for PC Android Smart TV BOX | eBay

Its just weird sometimes it just wont work. Funny if I use my iphone to control for a bit, then it can come to life. its defo fully charged and works flawlessly on my other Pi3 on OSMC. Something not right with USB generic drivers maybe? Know any SSH commands I can run to troubleshoot?

cheers

• hello
    So no support for this seemingly trivial issue?

hey guys
    Just chiming in with a similar issue. Except this wont be with built in BT, but Im using one of those cheap white USB keyboards with USB 2.4gz plug in thing. New i8+ Mini Wireless 2.4Ghz Keyboard with Touchpad for PC Android Smart TV BOX | eBay

Its just weird sometimes it just wont work. Funny if I use my iphone to control for a bit, then it can come to life. its defo fully charged and works flawlessly on my other Pi3 on OSMC. Something not right with USB generic drivers maybe? Know any SSH commands I can run to troubleshoot?

cheers

• Pi3 (onboard bt), LibreELEC RPi2.arm 7.0.2

Curious to see my exact problem described... but last year, on 7.0.2. I never saw the issue under LE7.

• This is a bug one of the moderators confirmed that it is indeed a bug. The problem was solved in OSMC from my reading on google but the development team from libreelec don't seem to be aware of the bug or haven't taken the time to look at it or are having problems coming up with a solution it would be nice to hear from development if there will be a fix or if I should scrap LibreElec in search of other possibilities instead.

Once connected and trusted the keyboard should by all rights pair automatically while restarting the device. This is normal operation for bluetooth on nearly every other system trust and pair means it will pair even after a restart or after sleeping etc... But in the case of libreelec there is another keyboard that pops up with the same MAC ID a duplicate entry and you have to dig your old wired keyboard out and dust it off again just to connect the keyboard once again.

It would be nice to see logitech unifying devices able to work on libreelec I really dig my solar keyboard that charges off of my house lighting just had to tear it apart the other day though after a few years of use it needed a new battery but never had to plug it into a charger once my lights kept it charged and working it does take an expensive specialized battery that they make difficult to replace but I am guessing I have another couple of years with the new one at least beats plugging it in all the time or purchasing and replacing batteries every month.