Can't mount NTFS HDD

• Hi there!

I recently migrated from OpenELEC to LibreELEC. Everything seemed to have worked just fine. But I recognized, that my second HDD (3 TB, NTFS) was not recognized by LibreELEC (although it had been recognized by OpenELEC). I already tried mounting it but wasn't succesful. I can mount the EFI partiotion of that HDD (mount /dev/sda1 /media) but the other partition, which includes all the media i have on there, is not mountable.

Here are my results for

blkid | pastebinit
    mount | pastebinit
    dmesg | pastebinit

gVfU
    IAXd
    HMiN

I hope someone can help me. I'm quite desperate and this is driving me insane :D

Thanks in advance!

Edited once, last by KaramH (March 8, 2017 at 11:21 PM).

• My SSD has 3 partitions, 2 ext4 for LE and 1 NTFS for Win, i never needed to mount anything just adding the source in file manager is enough.
    Is your HDD inside your computer or is it connected through network?

• My SSD has 3 partitions, 2 ext4 for LE and 1 NTFS for Win, i never needed to mount anything just adding the source in file manager is enough.
    Is your HDD inside your computer or is it connected through network?

It's inside the computer.

• Code
    DEFAULT linux
    PROMPT 0

LABEL linux
     KERNEL /KERNEL
     APPEND boot=LABEL=System disk=LABEL=Storage  ssh quiet

it's installed on an internal HDD

• Official Post

Linux can be picky with mounting partitions when for example there are disk errors, or the drive was not unmounted properly, or the system that the drive was in was in hibernation mode.

Please recheck.

• Why would anyone use obsolete NTFS in 2017? Just reformat all your external hard drives to extfat and you'll be grand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Linux can be picky with mounting partitions when for example there are disk errors, or the drive was not unmounted properly, or the system that the drive was in was in hibernation mode.

Please recheck.

I've just been caught out by that - noticed that ntfs drives weren't mounting in LE if I'd previously run windows 10 then switched off. They mounted fine if coming from from windows 7 poweroff, and if from windows 10 on a reboot. It turned out to be the 'Fast Start' setting in windows 10 (on by default) - probably been like that for ages but I hadn't noticed.

• Linux can be picky with mounting partitions when for example there are disk errors, or the drive was not unmounted properly, or the system that the drive was in was in hibernation mode.

Please recheck.

Then please tell me how to check if it was unmountes irregularly. I'm not an expert on this field. As I said earlier I migrated from OpenELEC just recently and until then everything worked just fine for me.

I do have quite a large amount of media on that HDD, so just reformatting the whole thing would be my last go-to-option.

Also the last Windows version I installed on there should have been Windows 7.

Edited once, last by KaramH (March 9, 2017 at 4:24 PM).

• IMO you need to eliminate the kernel oops before examining any other errors.

I can only guess the cause, but the first oops occurs directly after the failed ddbridge driver initialization ...

Digital devices cards are supported with CvH's digital devices image. Give it a try.

• Intel platform by any chance? Try this: reset the efi bios, first from inside the configuration menu, load defaults, save, and reboot. If that doesnt work, turn it off and reset the cmos from the motherboard. Seems strange, but happened to me, specially since the upgrade to windows 10, and this fixed the issue for me, hopefully for you too, good luck.

• Also the last Windows version I installed on there should have been Windows 7.

So you no longer use the Windows installed on that HDD?

Try booting Ubuntu live or anything else that has Gparted,
    first delete those 2 extra partition on that drive, should be sda1 and sda2,
    expand the remaining partition to take all the space or if you have less than half the HDD space taken by your media,
    you should resize Windows partition, create a new partition and expand, move all your media there then delete the Windows partition and expand your newly created partition.
    [hr]
    Also if possible make a backup of LibreELEC move the backup to a USB stick, go to BIOS make sure everything is set to "LEGACY/CSM" instead of UEFI and reinstall LibreELEC.

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (March 9, 2017 at 8:22 PM).

• So you no longer use the Windows installed on that HDD?

Try booting Ubuntu live or anything else that has Gparted,
    first delete those 2 extra partition on that drive, should be sda1 and sda2,
    expand the remaining partition to take all the space or if you have less than half the HDD space taken by your media,
    you should resize Windows partition, create a new partition and expand, move all your media there then delete the Windows partition and expand your newly created partition.
    [hr]
    Also if possible make a backup of LibreELEC move the backup to a USB stick, go to BIOS make sure everything is set to "LEGACY/CSM" instead of UEFI and reinstall LibreELEC.

Okay. I did a repartition on my HDD and it worked for me. The HDD does still not mount on startup, but I worked around it by putting the mount command into the autostart.sh which works fine. Still getting a Kernel oops, so i will try the Digital Devices image next. I'll keep you posted!