DVD Playback on 7.90.002 not adding a shortcut to play dvd

• Normaly on kodi 16 there was the default setting to add a "play dvd" link on the main menu when a dvd was added. On libreelec 7.90.002 there is nothing. I went into settings and enabled the function to play dvd automaticly when it was added. But also then the dvd-menu didnt came. There was a file browser and i had to choose between audiots and videots. That cant be the propper way to play a dvd.

• Official Post

We have to look into this. Could you please mention which hardware you are using?

For a first test, please reboot while the DVD is already in the drive and see if the home menu item appears after.

Note:

As chewitt already said....it´s not a good idea to use an email adress as a username, please PM one of our staff if you want to change it.

• It's a long-standing bug in Kodi affecting multiple Linux distro's. If you reboot with the disk inserted the Play menu should be visible.

Hi, I too am experiencing this issue since upgrading to the new "Estuary" skin; the "Disc" menu item does not appear under any circumstances, for either audio CDs or DVDs.
    Some audio CDs will autoplay, or rip, but multi-session CDs with "Extra" content just mount the disc as removable media, DVDs are mounted in the same way.
    Rebooting with a disc in the drive makes no difference.
    OpenElec and version 7.0.2 of LibreElec using the confluence skin used to present a "Disc" menu item on this same hardware.
    System info and logs using the new submit log function, for your viewing pleasure:
    RBEP

Regards and thanks