[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• Hi, I have a H96 Pro +

In LibreElec with Kszaq's build Kodi 17.4 zoom with 4K movies is working fine.

In Android 7.1 with kodi 17.3 zoom with 4K is not working, only 1080P zoom works.

Is this due to Kszaq's build or to Android 17.4?

Is there any fix for this in Android?

How to up- or downgrade Kodi in Kszaq's build?

• kszaq Thank you for all your hard work. Been using your LE builds for almost 2 years now. Not sure if this issue is unique to your build or LE in general but with iptv simple client, it does not translate m3u_plus properly. It reads the links, but the playlists or groups do not get read. Any idea on how to fix this?

• Is there a tutorial to do this.

Need Putty for up/downgrade Kodi or can you make it right from LibreElec?

Why would you want this? What is the problem you're trying to solve? It doesn't really make sense to do this. You are better off installing an older LE build if you really need an older version of Kodi or wait for a new build if you really need a newer version. LE is not like a random Linux distribution where you can just install or remove packages. You'd need to recompile the whole platform for one package (version) change.

Check the wiki for instructions if you really insist on going down this road and discuss issues in a separate forum thread if you get stuck.

• Why would you want this? What is the problem you're trying to solve?

I am very satisfied with Kszaq's last build, but there is one small thing I really would like to test.

A few pages back I wrote about the framedrops (hiccups) when using extern srt subtitles.

At the moment the subtitle appears there are 1 or 2 framedrops.

I read about this in other topics and there was a suspicion that this issue is due to the Krypton version.

So I thought just try Jarvis or Leia to be sure.

Maybe there are older builds from Kszaq with Jarvis, but are they just as good as the latest 8.2 build?

I begin to think that you can't simply install Jarvis on LibreElec 8.2 , am I right?

I mean just as you can with Windows or Android.

The easiest way is just install a complete build.

Compiling needs expert level???

Maybe I better look for a second SD card and just try Jarvis just to sure:)

Are there Jarvis builds for S912 anyway:?:

Edited once, last by johnberg (November 8, 2017 at 7:03 PM).

• I begin to think that you can't simply install Jarvis on LibreElec 8.2 , am I right?

I mean just as you can with Windows or Android.

The easiest way is just install a complete build.

That's basically almost literally what I just said and you are just beginning to think it? What does it take to convince you?

It's a confirmed bug as kszaq has already explained to you. There's not much more to test.

Try the 8.0 build, that one should have Kodi 17.3. That's the earliest I could find.

• It's a confirmed bug as kszaq has already explained to you. There's not much more to test.

Try the 8.0 build, that one should have Kodi 17.3. That's the earliest I could find.

Thank you Forage.

Sorry for my slow understanding.

I could try Kodi 17.3 but that is still Jarvis or just be patience and wait for Leia in the future:angel:

• Is not this a specific build fot KIII Pro?

Or will this also work with H96 Pro+

You should really start reading more carefully what people write. It safes others from wasting time on restating things and it reduces problems you might encounter. The post I referred to gives you a clear answer.

Do I have to toothpick it again the first time?

And what will happen if I insert my first SD card back again, no bootproblems?

As far as I know it should just boot to the different SD cards without the need to do anything extra as long as you stick to one SD card/USB stick at a time. You can always perform the toothpick method again if anything does go wrong. Just don't install to internal.

• As far as I know it should just boot to the different SD cards without the need to do anything extra as long as you stick to one SD card/USB stick at a time.

Thank you, I tried allready and you are completely right, no need to do anything extra.

Only with setup to 4K output it went wrong with Leia.

Good advice, I gonna read the other topic first.