[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• I have LibreELEC booting from SD card for my Nexbox A3 and it runs great except sometimes it freezes. Aside from unplugging my device, is there any alternative on what to do if Kodi freezes? I've hit the escape key a number of times but ultimately unplug my box after 5 minutes of waiting for the system to unfreeze. I worry unplugging my device every time will potentially corrupt my SD card. 8|

• Trying to boot on a Cooleme MB2 TVbox

Tried both USB ports via the Terminal Emulator, "reboot update" method, sends me to the Cooleme "Android Recovery" menu. The remote control can be used for navigation.

What do I do now? I just want to test it, I don't want to install it.

Android Recovery

Amlogic/q201_9377/q201_9377

6.0.1/MHC19J/20160922

user/test-keys

Use volume up/down and power.

---------------------------------------------

Reboot system now

Reboot to bootloader

Apply update from EXT

Apply update from cache

Apply update from ADB

Power off

----------------------------------------------

Support API: 3

Recovery is listening adb sideload...
    Waiting adb sideload command...

E:\ Cannot load volume /misc!

Another question: Can TWRP be installed?

Cooleme MB2 (purchased from Bang Good):

Amlogic S912 Octa Core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU up to 2GHz(DVFS),

ARM Mali-T820MP3 GPU up to 750MHz(DVFS),

2G DDR3 RAM, 16G eMMC ROM,

IEEE 802.11 b/g/n/ac, 2.4G+5.8G, dual-band WiFi,

1000M LAN,

BT4,

Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)

2x USB 2.0 ports,

1x uSD card slot.

• Tried both USB ports via the Terminal Emulator, "reboot update" method, sends me to the Cooleme "Android Recovery" menu. The remote control can be used for navigation.

What do I do now? I just want to test it, I don't want to install it.

You booted to Android recovery, which means that booting LE did not work. Please try other ways listed in the guide.

Another question: Can TWRP be installed?

This is out of scope on this forum, you should find some information on FreakTab.

• Hi bubblegum57,

Assuming you're speaking to me:

have you tried using the reset switch, if there is one, have you tried other device trees?

No, but I have toothpick in hand. I've only tried the gxm_q200_2g.dtb tree (renamed to dtb.img).

kszaq Hmm... note that my Android Recovery mentions "q201"... would that be of issue?

personally, I use rufus to create the image.

Yup, I used Rufus (v2.16.1170) too.

Edited once, last by KnightFire66 (August 6, 2017 at 7:23 PM).

• Good news!

Got LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2-Nougat-8.1.3.img (written with Rufus) with gxm_q200_2g.dtb tree (renamed to dtb.img) to boot from a microSD card on my Cooleme MB2 via the Terminal Emulator [reboot update] method! Yeah! Note it will not boot from USB. Oh, and the original IR remote appears to be fully functional.

Now... guess I've got more reading to do... Kodi 17.4 is very different from my days with XBMC.

Many thanks to kszaq and to all the others who've managed to get this project this far!

• does my beelink gt1 need to be on nougat to use this?

No, LE is independent of Android.

Can I use the new device tree with older version?

meaning replacing first the *.dtb file?

or it is one bundle?

For 8.0.x builds you have to use 8.0 device tree, for 8.1.x (and 8.2.x in the future) you have to use 8.2 device trees.

• Hi,

I am new and I'm a rookie with libreelec...

I have installed and tested the last LibreELEC 8.2 for S912 and everything worked well, but less Hardware Acceleration.

So the play is not smooth at all.

I'm understood that is because that Amlogic has not released fbdev Mali libraries as you said.

But then, I have found this confidential (but public) document from Amlogic:

Amlogic S912 OpenLinux Test

On the document it said that the amlogic s912 pass ALL graphics test with these 2 players:

- GtsPlayer

- KmPlayer

LibreElect is based on openlinux, so my question:

If this document is true, why is not possible use the driver from that openlinux/kernel to get LibreElec and Kodi work fine for us s912?

Regards,

Nilhar.