[Situation improved] PSA: S905X cpu is significantly slower than S905 cpu

• CPU and DRAM clock speeds are setup by the early-stage boot process. There is some information on the odroid forum (where they found out about the fake frequency settings in the kernel) but I have no idea if or how one can replace the mentioned files on generic tv boxes.

You can read about the odroid c2 "over"clocking here: ODROID Forum • View topic - No performance difference between 1.5, 1.75 & 2GH

Hi

i m curious if you have found a way to change cpu or gpu frequency ?

I usually do not crosspost but as some might find this thread by search, I want to note the current development here as well:

I can confirm that software decoded playback of 720p h264 10bit videos, which was dropping a lot of frames on S905X and worked fine on S905 on earlier versions has improved on S905X. I only tried a few files and currently cannot do side-by-side comparisons, but the tested files were watchable. Big thumbs up to kszaq for this "bump".

Hi

i m curious if you have found a way to change cpu or gpu frequency in libreelec under s905x ?

hope to hear from you soon .

• Hi,

can anybody do a recent LE S905 vs. S905X CPU speed comparison? Is it still true that S905 performs better than S905X? How about S905-H in WeTek? Mainly interested in the expected emulation performance with RetroPlayer.

Thanks

• CPU speed S905 vs. S905X is roughly the same.

You will see differences depending on RAM chip used and RAM speed - AFAIK you can' t check it over SSH, only u-boot serial console.

S905 GPU can clock a little higher than S905X - 792MHz vs 744MHz.

• Can you please compare WeTek Play 2 with the rest of the usual S905(X) boxes? It would be nice to have some numbers so we can make a picture of the actual performance differences.