Custom EDID not working

• Hi all,

Situation:
    I have a Intel NUC attached to a Denon AVR receiver. I'm trying to make it boot up without the TV/AVR on. I've followed this exact guide to do so: Custom EDID - LibreELEC

My syslinux.cfg looks like this:

APPEND boot=LABEL=System disk=LABEL=Storage quiet initrd=/edid.cpio drm_kms_helper.edid_firmware=HDMI-A-2:edid/edid.bin video=HDMI-A-2:D

This is what I've found in dmesg:

[ 0.000000] Command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/KERNEL boot=LABEL=System disk=LABEL=Storage quiet
    [ 1215.699095] EDID block is all zeroes
    [ 1215.699116] i915 0000:00:02.0: HDMI-A-2: EDID block 0 invalid.

Does anyone know what's going on? Why isn't it grabbing the correct line from syslinux.cfg? Help would be appreciated :)

• The following will only work if you are using LibreELEC 8.0 (or at least some beta 7.95.x)

Please do us a favour and revert all the changes you have done to dump the custom EDID. It might be that you might have done something wrong. I've written a script which does all the steps for you by entering a single command. But that script will fail if you have already made changes to specific files which are involved to this task. So please revert all the changes you have done. After that SSH in and run the following comman:

Code
    getedid create

Make sure everything will work before you enter that command. You shoild have a screen and working audio. If that doesn't work before, the EDID might be faulty and won't work.

Note: the getedid-script is not part of LibreELEC 7.0.3. If you are using that, the command above doesnt work.

• I had a similar issue where the script wasn't finding the edid in the logs.

I ended up following the manual steps from the wiki and rebooted after turning logging on and finally the edid was included in the log (I tried a bunch of things but I believe the restart was what made it work)

• The following will only work if you are using LibreELEC 8.0 (or at least some beta 7.95.x)

Please do us a favour and revert all the changes you have done to dump the custom EDID. It might be that you might have done something wrong. I've written a script which does all the steps for you by entering a single command. But that script will fail if you have already made changes to specific files which are involved to this task. So please revert all the changes you have done. After that SSH in and run the following comman:

Code
    getedid create

Make sure everything will work before you enter that command. You shoild have a screen and working audio. If that doesn't work before, the EDID might be faulty and won't work.

Note: the getedid-script is not part of LibreELEC 7.0.3. If you are using that, the command above doesnt work.

Cheers, will try once I get home.

Code
    getedid create

Alright, that appears to have worked for the most part :) Video is working but the view looks "zoomed in" and I don't have any audio. If I change the resolution back and forth using the settings menu, everything is fine.

Just curious, I just checked syslinux.cfg and it isn't edited in any way. What does the script do differently then what I did?

dmesg:

[ 0.000000] Command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/KERNEL boot=LABEL=System disk=LABEL=Storage quiet initrd=/edid.cpio drm_kms_helper.edid_firmware=HDMI-A-2:edid/edid.bin video=HDMI-A-2:D
    [ 9.691036] [drm] Got external EDID base block and 1 extension from "edid/edid.bin" for connector "HDMI-A-2"