A96Z android 905X

• I got an A96Z 905x processor 2gb ram 16gb rom just curious if anyone loaded libreelec on one I want to switch it but wanted to look into it first see if anyone had any luck

Edited once, last by piperider (February 27, 2017 at 7:11 PM).

• I got an A96Z 905x processor 2gb ram 16gb rom just curious if anyone loaded libreelec on one I want to switch it but wanted to look into it first see if anyone had any luck

As far as I can see, it should be compatible with kszaq's S905X LibreELEC distribution, but you won't know for sure until you try.
    Install it to an SDHC (TF flash) card and try booting it up - that way there's little that can go wrong, as long as you know what you're doing (just follow the instructions closely and you should be fine). Even if it doesn't work, all you'd have to do is to power off the device, pop out the memory card and reboot, and voila - you're back on Android.

• As far as I can see, it should be compatible with kszaq's S905X LibreELEC distribution, but you won't know for sure until you try.
    Install it to an SDHC (TF flash) card and try booting it up - that way there's little that can go wrong, as long as you know what you're doing (just follow the instructions closely and you should be fine). Even if it doesn't work, all you'd have to do is to power off the device, pop out the memory card and reboot, and voila - you're back on Android.

its running great from the usb I just tried it just trying to figure out how to write it to the internal

• its running great from the usb I just tried it just trying to figure out how to write it to the internal

There's no difference in performance by going internal. I've got mine running from a 32gb microSD card, no problems whatsoever.

If you do decide to (like I did at one point then instantly regretted it, even tho I never use the Android side) make sure you have a working ROM you can flash back to Android in the not-so-rare case of bricking your device.

• Don't know if it's my imagination or not... But I found the artwork on the home page (thumbnails) seem to load faster when running from internal.

But fully agree, run from a reputable brand FAST sd card for at least a week to make sure you don't encounter any problems before installing to internal.

I love libreelec on the s905/s905x and for purely Kodi applications, would never go back to android.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk