QT support in Libreelec

• Dear All,

How can I enable the QT support in libreelec ?
    Want to run QT5 examples on my Amlogic board.
    Can you please help me ?

Regards,
    Titus S.
    [hr]
    Hello,
    Able to build QT separately and how can I build it with image ?
    PROJECT=S805 ARCH=arm ./scripts/build qtbase

Also please help me to build "gstreamer" and "qt-gstreamer" plugins ?

Regards,
    Titus S.

Edited once, last by titusece (February 27, 2017 at 2:33 PM).

• The package.mk below builds qt-everywhere (which includes qt-gstreamer).
    Building other packages with qt5 (qtbase/qt-everywhere) will however fail like for example this.
    Maybe lrusak can help further.

• I am building with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64-bit.

Why do you need 5.8.0?

I am also using Ubuntu but what I meant is it LE Arch64 or ARM? I can't seem to be able to compile qt-everywhere, not even 5.6.2, I use arch=arm

The reason I want 5.8 is because I want to try a emulator frontend called pegasus, that needs 5.8

GitHub - mmatyas/pegasus-frontend: A cross platform, customizable graphical frontend for launching emulators and managing your game collection.

• qt-everywhere 5.8.0 builds for S805, and should build for all other projects.

Well it seems it is something on my side as I get the same error I got when I tried before :(

• niabi

The qt-everywhere package mentioned in post #8 builds for PROJECT=S085 ARCH=arm with kszaq release 8.0.1l.

I am using Kszaq's build, but I am using the PROJECT=S905, not sure why it won't build for me :( anyways, thanks for the help I am going to keep looking and see if I can find the reason.

• I found this, not sure how to fix, though: [RFC,2/2] qt5base: fix build issue on 32bits armv8 target - Patchwork. Maybe kszaq or GDPR-1 can help.

I've been using that patch and it seems it gets further down the build but it still fails.

niabi0

The qt-everywhere package mentioned in post #8 builds for PROJECT=S085 ARCH=arm with kszaq release 8.0.1l.

is it an exact clone of Kszaq's build? I've been trying with PROJECT=S905 and S805 both of them fail at the same spot.

• niabi

Code
    git clone [email protected]:/thoradia/LibreELEC.tv
    cd LibreELEC.tv
    git checkout thoradia-SX05-8.0
    PROJECT=S805 ARCH=arm scripts/build qt-everywhere

I trust branch thoradia-SX05-8.0 is based on a recent kszaq release.

Thank you, still doesn't build for me which is extremely weird :( it has to be something on my side.

Thanks for the help!

• Well I give up on trying to compile QT for LE. I reinstalled everything on my build laptop, and the build still fails even with your repository, so I have no idea what is going on.

Thanks for all the help!

Edit: Well on my last try I finally got it, I had to dissable a bunch of modules I didn't need and now it compiles.

Thanks for all the help!

Edited once, last by niabi (June 2, 2017 at 5:16 AM).