Which soundcard for RPi3 works out of the box

• Hi,

what soundcard / soundboard is running out of the box with the official LibeELEC version and a Raspberry PI 3?

I am using LibreELEC on a Raspberry Pi 3 with the official Pi touch screen as an Internetradion in my kitchen. Right now I have connected a some speakers to the lineout port of the Pi. The speakers get their power over the USB connection of the Pi.

But while cooking and the running kitchen hood I can turn the volume to max, but I can hardley hear something. So I have the idea to add an additional sound board for the Pi (or maybe an additional soundcard). Which soundcard can be mounted the the Pi (when the official touchscreen is installed) and works out of the box?

I don't need digital audio output, just a regular "headphone" lineout.

Regards,

Ironarrow

• Have you tried powering the speakers via a power hub? It's possible that the RPi3 cannot provide enough power, especially if you have other USB peripherals attached. What are the power requirements of the speakers?

It sounds (pune) like you don't need a soundcard, but need an amp. I guess the touchscreen doesn't use the GPIO pins, so the only thing I can think off is the hifiberry-amp+ but that's digital, expensive and still has an external PSU.