Posts by Ironarrow

Hi,

I am glad that the current version of LE is available for RPi 3, too. So I had a chance to compare RPi3 and RPi4. (Thank you for that)

Since LE 10 I had problems with my RPi4 when streaming TV from an Enigma 2 box. Audio and video were after a while async.

Here is my setup:

- RPi 4

- official Touchscreen

- analog audio output

- network over LAN

Now, with the new version I give the RPi 4 and LE a new try especially your because of your hint for force_turbo=1 or core_freq_min=500.

And here is my "adventure" to get LE 10.0.2 almost running:

I set up the SD card, started my RPi 4 ... and the only thing I got was a black screen. With LE 9 I got a the LE GUI on my touchscreen. So I search this board and found the parameter dtoverlay=vc4-kms-dsi-7inch for the config.txt. After connection a HDMI screen and setting up the network I was able to add the parameter to the config.txt. Finally I got the touchscreen runnig.

Next step was to select the analog audio output. But I found only the digital output. After a look to the "Important changes since LE9.2" I added the required lines

dtparam=audio=on and audio_pwm_mode=1 to the config.txt. So I could select the analog output. I installed the Enigma 2 plugin to stream TV from my settop box, but something was wrong with the audio. It sounds like it was pitched up. Very strange when every character sound like a chipmunk. :) When I use HDMI output (to my external screen) the sound was correct. With the "pitched" analog sound I had anoter effect, too. Nearly every 10-15 seconds there was a short audio break. It looks like the RPi or LE is syncing audio and video again. I tried different settings for keeping frame rate etc, but nothing helped.

So I reactivated my RPi3 I used earlier with LE 9. I bought encoder licences for this RPi 3, too.

I installed LE10.0.2, made the same changes for touchscreen and analog output and finally: clear sound, no breaks during playback. Everything is fine.

I don't know where or what is "wrong" with my RPi4 or the installation / settings. But with the RPI3 everything is fine. My wife is happy to have her small TV in the kitchen again. And: happy wife, happy life :)

So please see this posting as an information, that there seems to be still something wrong. For me: I found a solution with my RPI3.

Regards,

Ironarrow

Hi,

what soundcard / soundboard is running out of the box with the official LibeELEC version and a Raspberry PI 3?

I am using LibreELEC on a Raspberry Pi 3 with the official Pi touch screen as an Internetradion in my kitchen. Right now I have connected a some speakers to the lineout port of the Pi. The speakers get their power over the USB connection of the Pi.

But while cooking and the running kitchen hood I can turn the volume to max, but I can hardley hear something. So I have the idea to add an additional sound board for the Pi (or maybe an additional soundcard). Which soundcard can be mounted the the Pi (when the official touchscreen is installed) and works out of the box?

I don't need digital audio output, just a regular "headphone" lineout.

Regards,

Ironarrow