Benchmarking LibreELEC

• Happily running LibreELEC on a few different devices and just wondered if there was any add-on or way to run a benchmark to compare different hardware running LibreELEC?

• Nope, and I would discourage anything from being created because users get very OCD about "performance" numbers and raw metrics on CPU etc. are misleading on the overall performance and experience of a device.

• I understand your comments but couldn't you say that for any benchmarking? One beauty of LibreELEC is the wide variety of hardware it can be installed on but it would be nice to get a some idea in terms of differences in performance. The idea isn't really to benchmark the OS, rather the hardware. People will have OCD with or without benchmarking ;)

Edited once, last by 7up (February 26, 2017 at 6:32 AM).

• Why does it matter? It is the subjective experience that really matters, i.e. playing media streams. I have an NVidia Shield and RPi 2 and there really isn't much difference between them with Kodi, certainly not enough to choose a Shield over a Pi unless you need 4K or H.265 and hopefully the next generation of Pi will bring that.

Edited once, last by apc (February 26, 2017 at 6:54 AM).

• I agree with you that for many devices, there isn't much subjective difference which is what lead me to wonder if any benchmark existed. If not and there is no interest, that's OK too.