[S905X] Unknown WLAN chip

• Module loads, but wlan0 interface cannot be brought up.

dmesg : GVMN

lsmod:

Some more testing:

Just tell me what you want me to test. Linux command line knowledge is present, but maybe a bit dated :)

• Adding a pre-built module to Android ROM is easier because "all" you do is modify existing ROM where the module already works. I tried adding the pre-built kernel module to LE builds but it crashes the system. Without driver source code we can do nothing.

• Adding a pre-built module to Android ROM is easier because "all" you do is modify existing ROM where the module already works. I tried adding the pre-built kernel module to LE builds but it crashes the system. Without driver source code we can do nothing.

Oh Okay....I understand.

• Official Post

We know who creates the chip. They don't respond to emails in English or Chinese. Neither Amlogic or Rockchip (where we have direct contacts) have any record of an authorised hardware manufacturer using the chip (else they would require accreditation and would have driver sources in their code archives). I'm sure sources will leak eventually, but until that happens we are out of luck.

• We know who creates the chip. They don't respond to emails in English or Chinese. Neither Amlogic or Rockchip (where we have direct contacts) have any record of an authorised hardware manufacturer using the chip (else they would require accreditation and would have driver sources in their code archives). I'm sure sources will leak eventually, but until that happens we are out of luck.

Who creates the chip?

• Suzhou SmartChip Semiconductor Co.,Ltd FCC ID Applications (2AKCE) - the phone diverts to voicemail and both voice/email messages left (in Mandarin by a native speaker) are not answered. Via third-parties we've been offered the driver in binary form for any Android kernel version we care to ask for, but nobody has sources, which is what we need. I can assure people we've been quite creative on trying to reach them - but so far no results.

• Now some bad news: I e-mailed VideoStrong - as the chip is used in their Mecool M8S Pro+ - requesting the driver and they informed me that 9082 chip supplier doesn't give them driver source code and refuses to share pre-built driver object file (9082xs.o) that could help us building the driver for LibreELEC.

Now that I have one device with that chip I tried using the pre-built driver but it crashes on NULL pointer dereference - something that can't be fixed without source code.

• Now some bad news: I e-mailed VideoStrong - as the chip is used in their Mecool M8S Pro+ - requesting the driver and they informed me that 9082 chip supplier doesn't give them driver source code and refuses to share pre-built driver object file (9082xs.o) that could help us building the driver for LibreELEC.

Now that I have one device with that chip I tried using the pre-built driver but it crashes on NULL pointer dereference - something that can't be fixed without source code.

:(