libreelec on android box's

• Hi all, I'm completely new here so please be gentle if I sound stupid. I've got 2 android box's one running jellybean and one with lollipop and a higher spec ( 2gb ram, 16gb storage) my question is that I don't mind wiping the jellybean one and replacing it with libreelec but the other is dual boot and if possible I'd like to keep both Libra and android. Is this possible and would I need a different version of Libra for the older box. Many thanks all, Duncanp

• We will need a much more detailed description of those boxes.
    Brand name, manufacturer, version, URL, whatever you can come up with.

PS: We're not Libra, we're LibreELEC :)

Thanks Klojum , sorry about that. One box is a T8 aml v3s with a s812 chip and the other is a Smart multimedia player Q7. With a rk3188t chip the t8 is in the following link. Many thanks for your time??. Top 4 Android TV Box Review To Help You Buy The Best One

• I have a QBox from entertainmentbox and dual boot LibreElec - Found it slower (slightly) when using USB sticks but bought a microSD card and its as good as running from the internal flash. Pop out the card and it will boot into Android, install Terminal Emulator app, type
    reboot update

And it will boot back into LibreElec

• I have a QBox from entertainmentbox and dual boot LibreElec - Found it slower (slightly) when using USB sticks but bought a microSD card and its as good as running from the internal flash. Pop out the card and it will boot into Android, install Terminal Emulator app, type
    reboot update

And it will boot back into LibreElec

Thanks Blinky, as I said I'm not bad with android but totally brand new with this. Do you have a link or detailed instructions that you wouldn't mind passing on. The first time I do it I'll be able to return the compliments to another newbie. As I said earlier I've 2 box's from what I've read I think I'm knackered with the rk3188 as I can't find any Libra ELEC version for Rockwell chips but I don't want to knacker the wife's T8 by installing the wrong version and bricking it. To be honest I don't know what a terminal emulator even is mate
    [hr]

Thanks Blinky, as I said I'm not bad with android but totally brand new with this. Do you have a link or detailed instructions that you wouldn't mind passing on. The first time I do it I'll be able to return the compliments to another newbie. As I said earlier I've 2 box's from what I've read I think I'm knackered with the rk3188 as I can't find any Libra ELEC version for Rockwell chips but I don't want to knacker the wife's T8 by installing the wrong version and bricking it. To be honest I don't know what a terminal emulator even is mate

Also I've got a really fast SD card as well that I've been using to flash android IMG files and to backup the build I'm using I can re format that cheers

Edited once, last by duncanp (February 26, 2017 at 6:23 PM).

• Generic S812 devices are not officially supported but there are community builds available. RockChip devices are not currently supported, hence no builds available. If you are generally "a bit of a noob" with these boxes it's probably best to stick with Android.