Minix U1 LibreELEC 8.0.0b NO Audio on Headphone Jack

• Please report any Minix U1 audio-related issues in this thread.

Just saw this - sorry about the cross-post - I've already posted this in the main thread:

Hi All,

I've noticed another issue on my Minix U1 with both 7.0.3.012c and 8.0.0d. I'm getting no passthrough on DD+ (E-AC3). It doesn't seem to be a hardware issue, as it works fine on Android with the Minix XBMC. Can anybody else replicate this?

I'm using the U1 device tree gxbb_p200_2G_minix_neo_u1.dtb.

TIA

• I've tested all video and audio formats including E-AC3 (DD+), no issues (LibreELEC 8.0.0d), works fine for me. I have three different samples with E-AC3 and works great with passtrough switched on.

• I've tested all video and audio formats including E-AC3 (DD+), no issues (LibreELEC 8.0.0d), works fine for me. I have three different samples with E-AC3 and works great with passtrough switched on.

That's interesting, everything else works with passthrough for me. A look at the dmesg output after attempting a DD+ file shows this (the ES8323 appears to be the codec and headphone amp. chip)

[ 111.714159@0] aml_spdif_dai: share the same clock
    [ 111.714162@0] aml_spdif_dai: iec958 mode PCM32
    [ 111.714167@0] aml_audio_hw: IEC958 PCM32
    [ 111.714172@0] hdmitx: audio: aout notify rate 44100
    [ 111.714174@0] hdmitx: audio: aout notify size 32
    [ 111.714176@0] hdmtix: set audio
    [ 111.714189@0] hdmitx tx_aud_src = 0
    [ 111.714214@0] hdmitx: fs = 2, cd = 4, tmds_clk = 148500
    [ 111.714216@0] hdmitx aud_n_para = 6272
    [ 111.714234@0] hdmitx set channel status
    [ 111.714295@0] hdmitx: audio: Audio Type: PCM
    [ 111.714296@0] hdmitx: audio: set audio param
    [ 111.714304@0] aml_snd_m8_card aml_m8_snd.44: i2s/958 same source
    [ 111.714385@0] == ES8323 == es8323_mute----572, 0
    [ 111.714534@0] aml_spdif_dai: aml_hw_iec958_init,runtime->rate=44100, same source mode(1)

Yes BUT do you have analogue audio on headphone jack ?
    [hr]

It is working here on my Minix U1. You can provide dmesg | paste so that I can see if you have a proper device tree. Maybe you are using the one I posted a few days back? That one is not correct.

Hello

Well I made a clean install of the 8.0.0d build, renamed and copied the latest Minix U1 device tree, turned off the "Send low volume noise" option, Selected PCM device but when I start a video there is a lot of noise over the video original audio, maybe I'm missing something because if your U1 is working mine should also work I must be forgetting something, please help.

Thanks Friend

• Yes BUT do you have analogue audio on headphone jack ?
    [hr]

Hello

Well I made a clean install of the 8.0.0d build, renamed and copied the latest Minix U1 device tree, turned off the "Send low volume noise" option, Selected PCM device but when I start a video there is a lot of noise over the video original audio, maybe I'm missing something because if your U1 is working mine should also work I must be forgetting something, please help.

Thanks Friend

Hi,
    will there be device tree for U1 for LE 7.x builds also?

• Device trees for 7.0 and 8.0 builds are the same but there's no driver for analog audio in my 7.0 build yet. It's scheduled for 7.0.3.012k.

• Device trees for 7.0 and 8.0 builds are the same but there's no driver for analog audio in my 7.0 build yet. It's scheduled for 7.0.3.012k.

kszaq: I thought so also :) But with 7.0.3.012j and latest Minux U1 device tree the sound device is not recognized - I have only bluetooth audio available. I tried yesterday with clean install. It works great with 8.0.0d build though.

I have some weird a/v sync issues still with 8.0.0d. Can I upload some video samples and post it here, so you could check? The problem is that not all 23.976fps videos work ok with 0.175s delay, some have no delay whatsoever.
    Otherwise everything works great.

EDIT: I retested some things. In LE 7.x a/v sync was really messy for me and with LE 8.0.0d and U1 DTB almost everything is great and I could narrow a/v sync problems with using throughput down to this:
    Everything seems to be in sync (at least AC3,MP3,DTS) except E-AC3 which have 175ms delay (all videos tested are 23.976). I am uploading some of them for testing purposes :)

So we're moving in the right direction :)

Edited once, last by panterck (March 8, 2017 at 4:11 PM).

• @kszaq

Sorry not audio related, but maybe you can make this or make a new Minix U1 thread.

Are you running the temp-sensor disabled or have you tried getting a good temp-sensor version working on the U1? I've shyed away from testing because the temp sensor on the older boards would freeze my system so bad that i've have to reboot a zillion times to get a boot in, my SD card would become corrupted, loose all my settings. I had at one point flashed it to my internal, but dealt with the temp sensor issue that I bricked it and had to reinstall android, etc, etc.

TLDR; does the temp sensor version work so I don't muck up my Minix.

• Temp sensor enabled build is working 100% fine on my U1. Android firmware is FW012.

I'm still working on making analog audio work properly.

Edited once, last by kszaq (March 15, 2017 at 6:41 PM).

• Temp sensor enabled build is working 100% fine on my U1. Android firmware is FW012.

I'm still working on making analog audio work properly.

Thanks Friend and please don't give up, LibreELEC is awesome on my Minix U1 but analogue audio on headphones gives a lot of noise cant hear almost anything.

Keep up your GREAT work and thanks a lot

• anyone managed to get the analog audio work properly?
    it's just loud noise for me.

don't have "quiet noise generation" in audio settings (I've changed menu to Expert)

• Tried it and movies sounds good on my analog amplifier
    Thank you for fixing it

there are still loud hiss and crackles sounds at boot

Edited once, last by morel (April 5, 2017 at 12:24 AM).

• Just did the 8.0.1c upgrade from 8.0.1b and I can report the same findings as morel. Analog audio out is working (though serious static noises during boot).

Thanks for your continued work on this, kszaq. You are the best. :D

Duke