Minix U1 LibreELEC 8.0.0b NO Audio on Headphone Jack

• Thank you guys for testing. I'll have the device with me next week, I will try to make it work then.

Happy to help and to do so in the future. Looking forward to you getting one and any improvements that may come as a result. :D

And thanks for your efforts again, kszaq.

Duke

• Good news: I received Minix U1 and got analog audio working.

Bad news: the configuration changes I had to make break multichannel audio on HDMI.

I will be working on making both work.

• Good news: I received Minix U1 and got analog audio working.

Bad news: the configuration changes I had to make break multichannel audio on HDMI.

I will be working on making both work.

Thanks a lot Friend for your work, now that you have your U1 everything will be easier to test.
    As Princess Leia would say "You are our only hope" :)
    Have a great day

• Fox analog audio and Spotify please try 8.0.0d.

Please report any Minix U1 audio-related issues in this thread.

Hello Friend

Updated from the last 8.0.0c to this version 8.0.0d using your LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.0d.tar and renamed your gxbb_p200_2G_minix_neo_u1 to dtb.img and copied it thru SSH to the root.

Rebooted and now using PCM I have Analog Audio but there is a lot of noise over it almost cant hear.

I'm thinking of making a clean install tomorrow maybe last updated corrupted something on last install.

Thanks for all your help and awesome work.

Have a great weekend

• Hmm.. Still not getting audio out from the analog output. Updated to 8.0.0d from 8.0.0c and tried with both gxbb_p200_2G_minix_neo_u1.dtb and gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG_Port.dtb device trees and no analog sound either way. Everything else seems to work as normal and expected. Went back into Android and changed the settings for audio output to "auto" instead of HDMI in case that might carry over into LE but still nothing. I did check it while in Android and the port is working so it isn't a hardware failure, AFAIK.

Thanks again for your efforts, kszaq

Duke

• ScorpionMystery Go to Kodi audio settings and turn off noise generation. Please read release notes, it is a warning written in red...

Yes i saw that warning after i wrote my last post but i couldn't find that audio setting anywhere, is that the one that says "Keep Audio Device Alive" ? I turned that off and the constant noise that I heard even when there was nothing playing disappeared but when I start a movie the noise comes again.

Is there any other "noise generation" option ?

Thanks for your help friend

• It is working here on my Minix U1. You can provide dmesg | paste so that I can see if you have a proper device tree. Maybe you are using the one I posted a few days back? That one is not correct.

• It is working here on my Minix U1. You can provide dmesg | paste so that I can see if you have a proper device tree. Maybe you are using the one I posted a few days back? That one is not correct.

Certainly.. here is the output
    WCdc

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I grabbed the neo-U1 device tree dated 03-Mar-2017.. is that not the latest available? kszaq Is there a newer device tree that is not listed in the S905 folder?

Duke

Edited once, last by Uberduke (March 4, 2017 at 10:33 PM).

• @kszaq

Hello

Well I made a clean install of the 8.0.0d build, renamed and copied the latest Minix U1 device tree, turned off the "Send low volume noise" option, Selected PCM device but when I start a video there is a lot of noise over the video original audio, maybe I'm missing something because if your U1 is working mine should also work I must be forgetting something, kszaq please help.

Thanks Friend