Minix U1 LibreELEC 8.0.0b NO Audio on Headphone Jack

• Hello

First of all congratulations for this great work with LibreELEC 8.0.0b for Amlogic S905 your are the best keep up the GREAT work.

I installed it on my Minix U1 booted well works very well with smooth video playback the only problem is that I have no Audio on Headphone jack, I tried passthrough ON and Off this should have nothing to do with it but I tried it anyway.
    I set Audio out device to PCM bu no results I used that jack because I have my Sony Wireless Headphones.

I used gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb should I use other for this device ?

Is there any configuration I need to do

Please please Help

Thanks

• There's no support yet for analog audio on Minix U1. I got the driver a few days ago from Ken, I need to integrate it in my builds. I will let you know when there's anything to test.

• There's no support yet for analog audio on Minix U1. I got the driver a few days ago from Ken, I need to integrate it in my builds. I will let you know when there's anything to test.

Thanks a lot Friend for your Help and congratulations for your GREAT work with this awesome builds .

ScorpionMystery

• Please try using this build: LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.0c-es8323codec-test2.tar
    with this device tree: gxbb_p200_2G_minix_neo_u1.dtb

This is untested because I don't have Minix U1. Fortunately Minix offered me a free sample and I will have one next week. :D

In case the test build doesn't work, you can safely downgrade to 8.0.0c using gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG_Port.dtb device tree.

Thanks a lot Friend will test it as soon as I arrive home and let you know if it works I like this Minix U1 box a lot it works very well plays everything even 10bit hevc and LibreELEC is awesome because it plays very well very smooth boots ultra fast because its not full of needless apps like android :D

I'm glad Minix offered you a U1 unit you really deserve it for your great work :shy:

Once again thanks for all your efforts in making this awesome builds you are the best

ScorpionMystery

• Please try using this build: LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.0c-es8323codec-test2.tar

This is untested because I don't have Minix U1. Fortunately Minix offered me a free sample and I will have one next week. :D

In case the test build doesn't work, you can safely downgrade to 8.0.0c using gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG_Port.dtb device tree.

Hello again Friend tested this build on my Minix U1 plays smooth but still no analog audio on headphone 3.5 mm jack.

1 - Installed - LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.0c.img.gz
    2 - Updated with - LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.0c-es8323codec-test2.tar
    3 - Copied - dtb.img you gave me
    4 - Restored a backup from LibreELEC 7 and settings hope this didnt mess everything :(

No analog audio on 3.5 to my wireless headphones, on android kodi audio is ok

Now when i reboot librelec there is a strange noise on headphones and after that nothing image is ok streamed 1080p all ok

Thanks friend for your efforts

Very cool. Maybe you make a temp sensor enabled build for them and see if there is any exclusive features you can add. It really is a nice stable, fast, cool box.

• I think I may have missed something in preparing a device tree. I made it be reverse engineering dtb from Android firmware so mistakes are possible. I have asked Minix to provide device tree sources and hopefully we can make analog audio work next week.

The other feature of Minix U1 that can be added is RTC - this means accurate time without a need to connect to the Internet.

Working temperature sensor is a matter of bootloader. If it doesn't work with the latest Android firmware provided by Minix, I think I can discuss it with them over email.

• I think I may have missed something in preparing a device tree. I made it be reverse engineering dtb from Android firmware so mistakes are possible. I have asked Minix to provide device tree sources and hopefully we can make analog audio work next week.

The other feature of Minix U1 that can be added is RTC - this means accurate time without a need to connect to the Internet.

Working temperature sensor is a matter of bootloader. If it doesn't work with the latest Android firmware provided by Minix, I think I can discuss it with them over email.

Thanks a lot friend

On previous versions I had no Analog Audio on LibreELEC and when I rebooted to Android I had no analog Audio also, so I had to take the mini SD card out and reboot directly to Android and then Analog Audio worked again now with this latest Build when I reboot to Android with the mini SD card Inside I still have Analog Audio that's improvement :rolleyes: .

OK friend thanks for all your Help and have a GREAT Weekend.

• I just tried the temp-sensor enabled build, no problems booting. Before the temp sensor disable builds, it would take 10 tries to get a single boot. Now it's fine, so I know you say the only difference is the temp sensor and you haven't changed anything, but the most recent builds boot on my box, with sensor enabled, that would never work before.

• Hi kszaq.

Thank you for all you hard work thus far. These builds just keep getting better and better.

Neo U1 with LE booting from USB. Tested headphone jack output with both gxbb_p200_2G_minix_neo_u1.dtb and gxbb_p200_2G_minix_neo_u1-variant2.dtb with the LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.0c-es8323codec-test2.tar file and neither would give audio output on the headphone jack using headphones plugged in directly. As well, with the headphones unplugged, no audio would play through my Onkyo AVR via HDMI connection.

Perhaps, of NOTE:

The System Settings -> Audio -> Audio output device options for the gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG_Port.dtb with the 8.0.0c image are

ALSA:AML-M8AUDIO,PCM
    ALSA:AML-M8AUDIO,HDMI
    PULSE: Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO) - Audio functioning correctly on AVR with both PCM and HDMI. Bluetooth not tested

The System Settings -> Audio -> Audio output device options for the gxbb_p200_2G_minix_neo_u1.dtb and the LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.0c-es8323codec-test2.tar image are

ALSA:AML-M8AUDIO,HDMI
    PULSE: Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO) - Audio not functioning on HDMI or through headphone jack. Bluetooth not tested

The System Settings -> Audio -> Audio output device options for the gxbb_p200_2G_minix_neo_u1-variant2.dtb and the LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.0c-es8323codec-test2.tar image are

PULSE: Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO) - Audio not functioning on HDMI (of course) or headphone jack. Bluetooth not tested

Hope this helps and again, thanks for all your great work.

Duke

• ScorpionMystery and others who have Minix U1 - can you please try one more thing:

It's very simple: if you use 8.0.0c build simply download these two files, put in Update folder and reboot.

Please report if analog audio works.

Hello friend

Tested like you said putting this two files on update folder and rebooting then only pulseaudio Bluetooth device appears and no analog audio
    After that I renamed gxbb_p200_2G_minix_neo_u1-variant2.dtb to dtb.img and copied it with SSH replacing the existing one and no analog audio either

Thanks for your help Friend