S905 builds - general discussion

• Driver for internal tuners is closed source and not available in my kernel tree. You need to obtain and add the driver to kernel source. Unfortunately I can't help on that matter.
    [hr]

Hi andy5macht and a warm welcome.

Unfortunately my builds don't work for Odroid-C2.

You might be able to run LE from USB drive on C2 but you have to have eMMC/SD with bootloader every time: ODROID Forum • View topic - Can C2 Boot from USB Memory stick

Some hints to do it (not a solution!): burn C2 image from Wrxtasy or an official image to USB drive, change second partition label to e.g. "LIBREELEC_DISK" and modify your boot.ini to boot from USB by loading kernel from USB and change cmdline to BOOT_IMAGE=kernel.img boot=LABEL=LIBREELEC disk=LABEL=LIBREELEC_DISK. You will get further help at Odroid forums for sure. ;)

Edited once, last by kszaq (November 14, 2016 at 10:11 AM).

• Driver for internal tuners is closed source and not available in my kernel tree. You need to obtain and add the driver to kernel source. Unfortunately I can't help on that matter.

Thanks kszaq, I will ask Videostrong for the driver source code. I think it is AVL 6862 for K1 Plus.
    [hr]

Thanks kszaq, I will ask Videostrong for the driver source code. I think it is AVL 6862 for K1 Plus.

Ok, I got the source code for AVL 6862. It is supposed to work with K1 Plus combo DVB T2+S2.

kszaq, can I contact you in PM ? I have basic idea on how to integrate it in the kernel tree and I need some help.

Edited once, last by nmadrane (November 14, 2016 at 10:40 AM).

• Thanks kszaq, I will ask Videostrong for the driver source code. I think it is AVL 6862 for K1 Plus.
    [hr]

Ok, I got the source code for AVL 6862. It is supposed to work with K1 Plus combo DVB T2+S2.

kszaq, can I contact you in PM ? I have basic idea on how to integrate it in the kernel tree and I need some help.

Sorry kszaq, I just realized that you are not reachable by PM. Could you please tell me if the following tree is ok ? There are no Kbuild files in the source code that I received. I just want to make sure that I have received the right stuff.

• Sorry kszaq, I just realized that you are not reachable by PM. Could you please tell me if the following tree is ok ? There are no Kbuild files in the source code that I received. I just want to make sure that I have received the right stuff.

That's what I got from them but I haven't been able to make them work, at least not with short testing with users who have the box.

• That's what I got from them but I haven't been able to make them work, at least not with short testing with users who have the box.

Oh, I thought you already have a working build for DVB on K1. My mistake, I thought your binary builds already have support for DVB.

Do you know anyone who already managed to integrate such driver ?

• Oh, I thought you already have a working build for DVB on K1. My mistake, I thought your binary builds already have support for DVB.

Do you know anyone who already managed to integrate such driver ?

Not in the latest kernel. For the previous kernel there is a binary (closed-source) driver from VitMod.

• Is it possible to remove the "reboot from nand option" from the power menu? It's just cosmetics, but would be nice to remove it if libreelc is installed on nand.
    I googled for this and found something about customizing this menu, but i can not find the DialogButtonMenu.xml on my libreelec with confluence.

• Slaytanic This would need adding a code to detect whether the box booted from internal memory or external... and I can see no point in removing it when system is booted from internal because you need it anyway: if you have second LE on SD card for testing (e.g. Krypton), you may still want to reboot from internal.

• Slaytanic This would need adding a code to detect whether the box booted from internal memory or external... and I can see no point in removing it when system is booted from internal because you need it anyway: if you have second LE on SD card for testing (e.g. Krypton), you may still want to reboot from internal.

you're absolutely right. it's just a "cosmetic thing" and i gave some player to non technical frieds and parents and they ask me what this point means, so thats why i wanted to remove.

• Is there anyway to change the boot logo when using 7.0.2.009?

I know how to change via amlogic customization tool & android ofw but how would I do this after flashing LE?

[hr]

you're absolutely right. it's just a "cosmetic thing" and i gave some player to non technical frieds and parents and they ask me what this point means, so thats why i wanted to remove.

Just because I'm such a nice guy....

Here's are a modified Confluence with the ' Reboot from NAND ' disabled. I have renamed the addon id so it won't interfere the original Confluence.

Note** You will need to change skins in the Appearance Settings & If you need to transfer your skin settings, then rename the directory before installing the skin mod, or copy your original and rename the directory.

' /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.confluence ' to ' /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.confluence-mod' '

Code
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/icanuckxbmcrepo/files/skin.confluence-mod-2.8.8.zip/download

Edited once, last by iCanuck (November 26, 2016 at 12:31 AM).