External Disk

• Hi there,

When I start using raspberry Pi 2 with openelec I needed to add one line " max_usb_current=1 " in the config.txt to plug external disk (wd 1,5TB) via USB on the raspberry, otherwise it didn´t work (something to do with the power for the USB ?!!?! ).
    Do I need to add the same line ( or other ) or LibreELEC don´t have this problem ?!?!!?

One more thing, when i install LibreELEC with already have KODI, right !?!?!?

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work ...

Sorry for my noob questions but I want to install LibreELEC and I like to be prepare ...

• Yes, you should add that line if you don't want to use a self-powered usb-hub. A self-powered usb-hub would be what i would use, because I dont like the idea to push more power to the usb, but it's your choice.

yes, if you install LibreELEC it will have Kodi installed already. LibreELEC is pretty similar to OpenELEC in that case

• I agree with DaVu - use a powered USB hub - especially with a 1.5TB (I assume 2.5" disk). The max power is over all USB ports, so anything else attached is going to draw power from that. If you only have one USB device and a GOOD power supply, then you should be OK.

Personally, I don't trust the power on the RPi, so I always use a powered hub for HDD.