Turning TV back on results in blank black screen

• Just upgraded to the latest LibreElec beta on an ASUS ChromeBox with the Intel Celeron processor from Jarvis and noticed a fairly strange problem. Everything works fine but if I turn my TV off for awhile, such as over night, when I turn the TV back my screen is just blank. Kodi is not crashed, as I can hear the interface sounds and even launch a movie from the web app however it seems to have lost the display. CEC is also turned off.

The Kodi is plugged into my Sony receiver, which is then plugged into a Samsung TV. I have tried changing inputs on both the AV receiver and the TV to see if it is an HDMI handshake issue. Without any results. My power and screensaver options are all disabled. My only other thought is my "Adjust display refresh rate" is turned on.

Currently, rebooting seems to be the only solution. I will try to take the AV receiver out of the mix to see if I can eliminate a variable.

I did create a log, which I can't seem to find anything useful within: Paste output ======== /flash/config.txt ============== ======== /flash/cmdline - Pastebin.com

I will keep testing but curious if anyone else is seeing this or if it is related to the thread-525-page-2.html thread.

• Have a look in Settings/System/Input/Peripherals CEC Adapter and see what is set for "When the TV is switched off" - Try setting it to Ignore and see if that works.

Thanks for the suggestion. My peripherals is actualy greyed out, so I don't think that is it. Appreciate the input and I'll keep trying to track it down.

• I believe CEC is broken in the later builds. the CEC module crashes when you switch off the TV, and requires a restart in order for the module to be reloaded. There seem to be many reports of this in different forum posts.

• Unfortunately I experience the same problems. I leave my PC (Intel NUC) on for 24/7, because I also use it to record live-TV. After the upgrade to LibreElec 8.0 (coming from 7.03) I have this problems. If I don't use the PC for a couple of hours then I have sound, I can start music or even a tv-show, only sound, no video. Turning on & off the TV, receiver doesn't make a difference. Switching to another HDMI on TV or receiver and then back to the correct HDMI also doesn't help.

What's different though: I don't use CEC. I just use my Logitech Harmony to control my devices.

• Unfortunately I experience the same problems. I leave my PC (Intel NUC) on for 24/7, because I also use it to record live-TV. After the upgrade to LibreElec 8.0 (coming from 7.03) I have this problems. If I don't use the PC for a couple of hours then I have sound, I can start music or even a tv-show, only sound, no video. Turning on & off the TV, receiver doesn't make a difference. Switching to another HDMI on TV or receiver and then back to the correct HDMI also doesn't help.

What's different though: I don't use CEC. I just use my Logitech Harmony to control my devices.

I am also not using CEC and had turned it off on all the devices. I assume it is some HDMI handshake issue since the screensaver is also off. I haven't seen anything in the logs that indicate an issue.