Gamepad/Joystick support

• Request for Gamepad and Joystick support in Kodi.

I would like to have the ability to control kodi with a gamepad/joystick if possible.

From my understanding libreELEC & Kodi needs to be compiled with --enable-joystick --enable-sdl in order to support this.

I know or I think I know, that SDL needs X but there has to be a way to make it work without x?

Edit:

Apparently it is possible to have SDL running without X. Basically, your kernel should have framebuffer support and you could use SDL on top of DirectFB.

Edited once, last by Rion (March 30, 2016 at 8:56 AM).

• i wating for this feature since a looong time. i hope it will finally work, when kodi gets emulator support, because then it doesnt make sense anymore to ship kodi without controller support.

are you on a rpi?

• i also really want this feature, my main reason is to control kodi using both thumbs instead of one, and i'm using ps3 controller, no other remote better compare to this joystick

• I am using an Atom based box with ion chipset in conjunction with RetroArch addon and ROM Collection Browser.

But I do have a PI3 that I use with RetroPie and Kodi 16 experimental build with joystick support.

But I would like to use both boxes for retro gaming.