How to switch HW keyboard typing language

• Hi all,

I have RPI 3 with LibreELEC 7.95.3 and I faced with problem - not able to switch language for typing text from HW keyboard.
    In interface settings i have already added different keyboard layouts and i am able to switch typing text on Virtual keyboard but HW USB keyboard continues using English language.

How to switch between languages for HW keyboards ? combinations like Alt+Shift, Ctrl+Shift not working.

Thanks in advance.

Edited once, last by Urrys (February 13, 2017 at 9:37 AM).

• In the LibreELEC settings addon you can set the keymap.

Do you mean keyboard layout in LibreELEC settings ?

I set layout ru_win but inputting from HW keyboard still in english. My idea is to make possible switch between english and russian language (like in Windows) when inputting from HW keyboard.

Also i noticed that on my LibreELEC setting there is only one keyboard variant, see photo 20170213_101758_1.jpg in attachments. But on screenshot from LibreELEC wiki (LE-settings-system.png) there are more keyboard settings (two variants of keyboard layout.

• AFAIK there is no way to use external keyboard with national characters (like nordic chars: åäöÅÄÖ), it's US layout only.
    These still appear on the OSC, but not handled by physical keyboard.
    This seems to apply to all Raspberry versions, regardless of OpenElec/LibreElec settings.

IS this fixable? No idea, I gave up this question a while ago since I never got any answer understandable for a 'non Linux user', just some technical mumbo-jumbo... ;)