Posts by sudaltsov

Hi all

I do not know if this is the right section to report... I upgraded from 8 to 9 and now the movies became a bit jumpy. Is that a known issue? Any workarounds?

The device is based on Forest Canyon Celeron CPU: Intel® NUC Kit DN2820FYKH Product Specifications, video Z3700.

No issues in dmesg.

lspci says:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series Graphics & Display (rev 0c)

Any comments would be appreciated...

Currently I had to hack SYSTEM to add /opt for every upgrade, as described by the link I provided above. Not even holding my breath, I just know for a fact that that LE will break my setup every time (so I had to boot from USB live fedora, mount LE boot FS, create /opt in SYSTEM using mksquashfs...)... Having existing /opt would save me (and people like me) some effort with every upgrade without opening any pandora box for LE. Noone is asking to make root FS writeable, god forbid! That would definitely be against LE vision, I can clearly see that.

I am using entware to install netatalk, to use LE as a TimeMachine backup for my Apple laptop (not piracy, yeah?). I totally realize that it not LE purpose, but maintaining 2nd linux box at home looks like an overkill for me (considering that LE has large harddrive).

Thank you for explaining your point, that makes sense. And in a way I agree with it (that is why I would never ask to incorporate entware directly). I just thought that having writeable /opt would give people some extensibility without bothering the core developers (and most of the users) of LE. If some strange users would have that 'death of thousand cuts' - you'd have nothing to do with it. Well, anyway, it's your world... Thanks again