Some VC-1 1080P videos stutter on Odroid C2

• Running the 7.95.3 beta on my C2, this build looks great for most of the test files that I use, including the complex rain scene in the beginning of the 1408 BluRay. That's been a killer for a while, and just cleared up in the last few builds. I'm still seeing some jerkiness in the beginning of Batman Begins, particularly in the motion-heavy scene with the bats and the transition to the kids running. I've tried lots of different settings, including changing the TV frame rate (sample is 23.976), syncing the playback to the display, playing back locally vs. from my NAS, creating a new, empty profile, but all result in jerkiness in the same spots. I can play the same video back in VLC on my Mac smoothly. Is this still an artifact of the 23.976fps playback issues from the earlier versions? It's so close to flawlessly playing my entire library.

Full log is here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/761 ... begins.log
    Trimmed down sample is here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/761 ... s-trim.mkv

The whole clip is only around 20 seconds. Does anyone else see the periodic stuttering?

Rob

Edited once, last by rccoleman (February 11, 2017 at 5:46 AM).

• Just tested it with v7.95.3 BETA (Odroid C2) and I see stuttering as well.
    I remuxed your trimmed MKV with MKVToolNix (to make sure that the file was muxed properly), and later even removed everything except the video track and the stuttering was still there.
    Interesting as your file is coded at 12.5Mbps and I have a 110Mbps video file that plays back smoothly.
    [hr]
    Checking the mediainfo reveals the following

Format : VC-1
    Format profile : Advanced@L3
    Codec ID : V_MS/VFW/FOURCC / WVC1
    Codec ID/Hint : Microsoft

then according to this page
    Playing “V_MS/VFW/FOURCC”, “FLV4 / 0x34564C46” mkv files on Linux – Between Linux and Anime
    a V_MS/VFW/FOURCC codec is a flv file (I guess so ...)
    and that writer states that he had compatibility issues with playing back a flv on his device (not an Odroid but a different device)

anyways my first thought with the compatibility was that I was not familiar with seeing that codec (V_MS/VFW/FOURCC / WVC1) and thought that this might be the issue --- most likely that is the issue but I will let others with more knowledge on this chime in further

Edited once, last by thegooddoctor (February 12, 2017 at 5:19 AM).

• Thanks, appreciate the test. This is a direct rip from the Blu Ray, so it shouldn't have any weird codec issues. I also have a bunch of other VC-1 files that now play great with the most recent beta, so this is an outlier.