Sx05RE v1.8.6 Emulationstation+Lakka+Kodi

• No need to change the path of the ROMs for USB, autostart.sh should auto-mount your ROMs folder as long as you have a file named sx05reroms (just create an empty file with that name) in the root of your ROMs directory.

e.g.

/

/roms

/roms/sx05reroms

/roms/dreamcast

/roms/mame

/roms/nes

/roms/snes

/roms/genesis

etc

etc

just make sure your USB is connected before booting just to make sure it has enough time to mount before autostart.sh runs.

• I recently got a PS4 so I can test the PS4 controller, how are you connecting to it? wired? I would assume the RA has a PS4 autoconfig out of the box, but I haven't tested it.

You can see all the paths in the Retroarch settings, use the keyboard to navigate to it and check them there.

I've been connecting wired - I tried bluetooth pairing under Kodi but the PS4 joystick switches off and does not remain paired.

I found if I play a game, then unplug the joystick and reconnect it . I can then press both analogue joysticks to get to the retroarch menu.. however I have to constantly disconnect and reconnect the joystick to be able to do anything in the retroarch menu. if I exit the retroarch menu, I have to do the same disconnect and reconnect.. but then at least I can play the game.

same thing with my xbox 360 joystick I borrowed.

• Es_systems.cfg is basically made for the systems I play and "support" directly, I know this might sound bad, but since this started as more or less a personal project I hardly ever needed to add other systems.

Now the reason they are 2 mame entries there is because one is for AdvanceMAME and one is for the MAME included in Retroarch

Hi Niabi - no that is fair it is your project after all.

May I please ask what the es_systems.cfg entries would be for both the built in MAME (I'm assuming older version) and the AdvanceMAME launchers would be?

I cannot load any of the older MAME roms in the \arcade folder.. the advancemame folder game launch with no issues.

• I Have a S600 bluetooth from gearbest and don't work.

• Hi Niabi - no that is fair it is your project after all.

May I please ask what the es_systems.cfg entries would be for both the built in MAME (I'm assuming older version) and the AdvanceMAME launchers would be?

I cannot load any of the older MAME roms in the \arcade folder.. the advancemame folder game launch with no issues.

Not sure I understand your question, but this is the es_systems.cfg file

LibreELEC.tv/es_systems.cfg at Sx05RE_8.2 · shantigilbert/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

the command for RA mame2003 is

Code
    /usr/bin/retroarch -L /tmp/cores/mame2003_libretro.so %ROM%

and the one for advmame is

Code
    /usr/bin/advmame.sh %ROM%

AFAIK mame2003 uses mame 0.78 ROMS so if you have other versions it might be the problem.

• I've been connecting wired - I tried bluetooth pairing under Kodi but the PS4 joystick switches off and does not remain paired.

I found if I play a game, then unplug the joystick and reconnect it . I can then press both analogue joysticks to get to the retroarch menu.. however I have to constantly disconnect and reconnect the joystick to be able to do anything in the retroarch menu. if I exit the retroarch menu, I have to do the same disconnect and reconnect.. but then at least I can play the game.

same thing with my xbox 360 joystick I borrowed.

if this is happening with the Xbox360 pad as well it might be your hardware? I use a Xbox 360 pad a lot and I have never had any problems with it.

if you connect through SSH can you type

Code
    dmesg | paste

and post the results.

• if this is happening with the Xbox360 pad as well it might be your hardware? I use a Xbox 360 pad a lot and I have never had any problems with it.

if you connect through SSH can you type

Code
    dmesg | paste

and post the results.

thank you for your help - I hope this helps:

Ftr

the specifics for the PS4 joystick appear to be:

later in the full cap file you can see where I was disconnecting, then reconnecting the PS4 joystick to make it work inside Retroarch.

also, just in case it is of any use, my es_input.cfg entry is:

<inputList>

<inputConfig type="joystick" deviceName="Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Controller" deviceGUID="030000004c050000c405000011010000">

<input name="a" type="button" id="1" value="1" />

<input name="b" type="button" id="2" value="1" />

<input name="down" type="hat" id="0" value="4" />

<input name="hotkeyenable" type="button" id="9" value="1" />

<input name="left" type="hat" id="0" value="8" />

<input name="leftshoulder" type="button" id="4" value="1" />

<input name="right" type="hat" id="0" value="2" />

<input name="rightshoulder" type="button" id="5" value="1" />

<input name="select" type="button" id="9" value="1" />

<input name="start" type="button" id="12" value="1" />

<input name="up" type="hat" id="0" value="1" />

<input name="x" type="button" id="0" value="1" />

<input name="y" type="button" id="3" value="1" />

</inputConfig>

</inputList>

also looking in /tmp/joypads/udev/Sony-PlayStation4-DualShock4-Controller.cfg

my joystick is being correctly identified and enumerated - 054c/05c4 = 1356/1476

Edited once, last by gizmomelb (February 8, 2018 at 8:09 AM).

• Everything seems to be as it should, it detects it and identifies it correctly. I see you have other stuff connected to the USB, have you tried disconnecting everything except the gamepad? its weird that this happens with the Xbox 360 gamepad as well, since I was using one yesterday without a single problem.

• Everything seems to be as it should, it detects it and identifies it correctly. I see you have other stuff connected to the USB, have you tried disconnecting everything except the gamepad? its weird that this happens with the Xbox 360 gamepad as well, since I was using one yesterday without a single problem.

yes, I removed the air mouse usb controller and also tried a different PS4 joystick and a different USB cable and it still happens.

• something I have noticed when I configure my controller from ES - it ask me to configure UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, A, B, X, Y, START, SELECT, left shoulder and right shoulder - that is all it asks me - just mentioning this as I was just watching a youtube video where someone was configuring their joystick using ES on a raspberry Pi and it asked them to configure triggers buttons and analogue controllors as well.

EDIT 1: yes, it does it in native Lakka as well - I have now tried 3x different official PS4 joysticks and 1x third party xbox one wired joystick. I'm looking for my xbox 360 joypads to test them.

EDIT 2: I went and bought a windows xbox 360 receiver and joypad and it works.. so it looks like it is just terrible support for PS4 and XBOX ONE joypads.. which sucks, as I have 3x PS4 joypads.. well hopefully this helps other people and they don't spend so long messing around as I did.

Now I need to go back to the SMB share not working correctly after editing the smb.conf file or the samba.config.sample files.

Edited 2 times, last by gizmomelb (February 10, 2018 at 3:52 AM).

• something I have noticed when I configure my controller from ES - it ask me to configure UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, A, B, X, Y, START, SELECT, left shoulder and right shoulder - that is all it asks me - just mentioning this as I was just watching a youtube video where someone was configuring their joystick using ES on a raspberry Pi and it asked them to configure triggers buttons and analogue controllors as well.

EDIT 1: yes, it does it in native Lakka as well - I have now tried 3x different official PS4 joysticks and 1x third party xbox one wired joystick. I'm looking for my xbox 360 joypads to test them.

EDIT 2: I went and bought a windows xbox 360 receiver and joypad and it works.. so it looks like it is just terrible support for PS4 and XBOX ONE joypads.. which sucks, as I have 3x PS4 joypads.. well hopefully this helps other people and they don't spend so long messing around as I did.

Now I need to go back to the SMB share not working correctly after editing the smb.conf file or the samba.config.sample files.

It seems its more to me like a hardware problem on your end, I 've tested my PS4 controller, my Xbox one and my Xbox 360 controller without a problem I even connected all at once.

The reason you configure less buttons is because RetroPie uses ES configuration for other emulators, which I don't since I mainly use RA, I only enabled the buttons we need for navigation in ES.

as for the SMB.conf it has been fixed on the latest commit (Fix samba shares · shantigilbert/LibreELEC.tv@6360adf · GitHub), but there is no binary yet.

• It seems its more to me like a hardware problem on your end, I 've tested my PS4 controller, my Xbox one and my Xbox 360 controller without a problem I even connected all at once.

The reason you configure less buttons is because RetroPie uses ES configuration for other emulators, which I don't since I mainly use RA, I only enabled the buttons we need for navigation in ES.

as for the SMB.conf it has been fixed on the latest commit (Fix samba shares · shantigilbert/LibreELEC.tv@6360adf · GitHub), but there is no binary yet.

many thanks Niabi - maybe I am not using the correct dtb with my box and there is an issue with the USB? Don't know.. the Windows receiver and the xbox 360 joypad work fine.

now I'm off to find out how to define a quit game, go back to ES macro - currently I have to go into RA, then select QUIT and ES loads again from the start.

there are LOTS of forums etc. for ES on raspberry pi - but not a lot fo ES on amlogic.

• many thanks Niabi - maybe I am not using the correct dtb with my box and there is an issue with the USB? Don't know.. the Windows receiver and the xbox 360 joypad work fine.

now I'm off to find out how to define a quit game, go back to ES macro - currently I have to go into RA, then select QUIT and ES loads again from the start.

there are LOTS of forums etc. for ES on raspberry pi - but not a lot fo ES on amlogic.

That's the reason why I made this build, nobody is really doing much for retro gaming on amlogic, Lakka recently started doing it but its just RA, there are other builds that use emulation but are mostly focused on Kodi and have the emulation on the side.

You can define a custom quit combo in RA , but the ES re-loading is a bug I am currently trying to fix, but I am not sure if its something on my code (which I always assume it is) or something in ES, I don't really like to bug the developers of these programs (be lakka, ES or even LE) as I am modifying them to work on my build, so I am stuck trying to fix them by myself.

• niabi I try to compile and I can't because I have always this error:

make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/carl/Sx05RE/build.Sx05RE-S905.arm-1.8.2/retroarch-assets-40866a8'

BUILD retroarch-overlays (target)

BUILD core-info (target)

BUILD retroarch-joypad-autoconfig (target)

Executing (target): make

make[1]: Entering directory '/home/carl/Sx05RE/build.Sx05RE-S905.arm-1.8.2/retroarch-joypad-autoconfig-7c478b0'

make[1]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/carl/Sx05RE/build.Sx05RE-S905.arm-1.8.2/retroarch-joypad-autoconfig-7c478b0'

Makefile:12: recipe for target 'image' failed

make: *** [image] Error 2

Can you help me?