Sx05RE v1.8.6 Emulationstation+Lakka+Kodi

• Hello niabi

I fixed my problem with libcec, and now compilation went OK :)

But there's something strange : it seems only libreelec and kodi are built (no emulationstation, no retroarch ...), and my final image is only 110MB.

Did I miss something ? I used:

Code
    make image PROJECT=WeTek_Core ARCH=arm DISTRO=Sx05RE

Edit : I checked and sx05re folder is here in my packages folder ... but it seems it is not compiled

You need to actually call the sx05re package from somewhere

like I did here:

LibreELEC.tv/package.mk at Sx05RE_8.2 · shantigilbert/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Since there is no oem package for the Wetek_core maybe you could try recreating it, or just call the package from another package that does get build.

Also, could you post what did you fix to make it work ? so that I can implement it on my build.

• After launching a SNES rom, go into the Retroarch menu, then manually run a NES rom see if it works, it could just be a problem with your ES configuration.

• Thanks for your response niabi.

I tried creating an oem package in wetek_core project, but it didn't work...

So, for the moment I put sx05repackage depedency in the kodi package...

Launched make again, and retroarch-sx05re started compiling ... but I have a new error !

Compilation stops because retroarch-assets folder is not cloned/downloaded , and so I get an error "no makefile" found for retroarch-assets

What could be the reason ???

In fact I don't have any message of cloning retroarch-assets-40866a8 whereas retroarch-sx05re-b724952 was cloned OK

maybe it's because retroarch-assets is in libreto package, which has not been donloaded because first compiled package in sx05re is retroarch-sx05re ???

any idea ?

Edited once, last by chataigne73 (February 2, 2018 at 10:06 AM).

• And other type of error when I try the S905_1GB:

make image PROJECT=S905_1GB ARCH=arm DISTRO=Sx05RE

/home/carl/Sx05RE/build.Sx05RE-S905_1GB.arm-1.8.2/media_build-2017-04-17-rpi/v4l/cxd2880_stopwatch_port.c:31:31: fatal error: linux/timekeeping.h: No such file or directory

#include <linux/timekeeping.h>

^

compilation terminated.

make[4]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:308: /home/carl/Sx05RE/build.Sx05RE-S905_1GB.arm-1.8.2/media_build-2017-04-17-rpi/v4l/cxd2880_stopwatch_port.o] Error 1

make[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

make[3]: *** [Makefile:1293: _module_/home/carl/Sx05RE/build.Sx05RE-S905_1GB.arm-1.8.2/media_build-2017-04-17-rpi/v4l] Error 2

make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/carl/Sx05RE/build.Sx05RE-S905_1GB.arm-1.8.2/linux-79b5701'

make[2]: *** [Makefile:53: default] Error 2

make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/carl/Sx05RE/build.Sx05RE-S905_1GB.arm-1.8.2/media_build-2017-04-17-rpi/v4l'

make[1]: *** [Makefile:26: all] Error 2

make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/carl/Sx05RE/build.Sx05RE-S905_1GB.arm-1.8.2/media_build-2017-04-17-rpi'

• The 1 GB version is not working properly, sorry.

if you want to compile it for 1GB revert this commit

init: decrease SYSTEM_TORAM_LIMIT to 768MB · shantigilbert/LibreELEC.tv@f2e3371 · GitHub

• Try cleaning all the the retroarch-assets-xxxx directory from the build and sources directories.

• It still should not give you any problem, I recently compiled it from scratch (had to for 1.8.2) with no problems. Why do you think that is the problem? Did you test it?

Edited once, last by niabi (February 3, 2018 at 3:37 PM).

• thanks you so much niabi for maintaining this build - but I am a total noob and have some issues sorry.

I tried to connect via smb from my windows box and I can see all the folders, but no ''roms'' folder.. so I putty into my system and try to edit the /etc/samba/smb.conf file - but I cannot save it as it is read only. Ok, I'll sudo.. oh no I cannot sudo.

how can I change the smb.conf file so I can see the ''roms'' folder please?

my main PC is windows, so I cannot access the file system direct on the SD card. Thank you.

• thanks you so much niabi for maintaining this build - but I am a total noob and have some issues sorry.

I tried to connect via smb from my windows box and I can see all the folders, but no ''roms'' folder.. so I putty into my system and try to edit the /etc/samba/smb.conf file - but I cannot save it as it is read only. Ok, I'll sudo.. oh no I cannot sudo.

how can I change the smb.conf file so I can see the ''roms'' folder please?

my main PC is windows, so I cannot access the file system direct on the SD card. Thank you.

I must have forgotten to put it on the smb.conf when I moved to the new version, I will fix it on the next few days.

I am not sure you can access the smb.conf file from windows, sorry but in the meantime you can use a USB drive, create a roms folder on the root and put your roms there, separated by system also put an empty file called sx05reroms where the roms are located e.g. /roms/sx05reroms