Sx05RE v1.8.6 Emulationstation+Lakka+Kodi

• Hello, is it still possible to make an internal installation? I'm getting "command not found" when issuing the installtointernal command on the latest release. Cheers!

• Hello, is it still possible to make an internal installation? I'm getting "command not found" when issuing the installtointernal command on the latest release. Cheers!

Unfortunately it was removed with all the uproar that it caused on the other builds, and since I am mostly in line with those updates well it got removed here as well, you can copy them manually if you want, but keep in mind I provide no support for this as it might still be dangerous.

https://github.com/shantigilbert/sx05re/tree/16c9938e4114504cc09bea2a6b21e9e96e2b4f81/projects/s905/filesystem/usr/sbin

• Hey guys thanks for this project!

I have no sounds in ES any solution?

I found a solution. In autostart.sh add this line "pactl load-module module-udev-detect" but it breaks all other sound in all emulators.

but for the sounds of the emulators to run it is only to go in Retroarch in Settings after Driver and change audio driver to "pulse".

Worked for me. 8)

• I found a solution. In autostart.sh add this line "pactl load-module module-udev-detect" but it breaks all other sound in all emulators.

but for the sounds of the emulators to run it is only to go in Retroarch in Settings after Driver and change audio driver to "pulse".

Worked for me. 8)

That was a know "fix" but it breaks all other sounds, including Video, PPSSPP, Dreamcast, etc. RA works when as you mentioned select Pulse, but the sound is not as good, or I found it a bit weird. So for me it was not really worth it.

• Are you still working on this? I just tried the S912 exp. version on my mecool bb2pro and it runs fine, just not sure how to add roms via windows

You should be able to access the "Roms" folder from the network shares in windows.

• niabi I'm using the SX05RE in a95x boxes, realy great work! Runs DreamCast games better than Recalbox in a Raspberry pi 3 board (it very impressed me), allow keyboards and much more, but I'm trying to compile a version of the system with minimal changes (the reset script and to test if i figure out how to translate emulationstation to other languages mainly), but every time I try to compile some error hapens, a hash check, a file not found or something... What I'm doing wrong?
    Using ubuntu 18.04 LTS and a notebook with 4GB of RAM I followed those steps:

sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade
    sudo apt install gcc make git gcc-multilib lib32stdc++6
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash (select no, to install bash as the default)
    git clone GitHub - shantigilbert/Sx05RE: 'Just enough OS' for Kodi. Sx05 Retro Edition, an emulation build based on LibreELEC for S905, S805 Devices. Sx05RE
    cd Sx05RE

// here I change the reset script on usr/bin, but also tried without changing nothing
    make image PROJECT=S905 ARCH=arm DISTRO=Sx05RE

As said here : GitHub - shantigilbert/Sx05RE: 'Just enough OS' for Kodi. Sx05 Retro Edition, an emulation build based on LibreELEC for S905, S805 Devices.

Also tried to first download all stuff with the tools/download-tool, same result (not exactly, apears that isn't always the same point that fails, but is the same kind of error, files not found mosty), aný hint or something?

Other thing, i've figure out a way to detect and autoconfigure the controllers for DreamCast - so if you have more than one controller with a config (also made a script to create those configs files) the system detects and changes the emu.cfg to correspond to the correct controllers, and a script to make a .UAE for amiga games (works fine, but only tested ECS games) that allows to run a amiga game from emulationstation and get all floppys loaded, way simpler than the CHDs that load faster, but also is simpler to add games this way - put the adf (or ziped adf) games in the amiga directory, when select the ADF the script search for other games corresponding to other floppies (based on disk N of N in the name to work), then create a temp.uae and loads it on the emulator, not need to creating all uae files one by one..

Looking fowards for help, sorry for the poor english and again, great work on this!:S

• niabi, do you have any plan to update your SX05RE project? PPSSPP has updated a lot recently and has a good speed improvement, so does reicast. Your codes has been slient since April 30th. And there are some input-mappering issues with PS3 genuine controller under ES.

• Sorry I've been very busy to update this, I've moved most of the code to another project, you can find it on my github profile (can't link it here),but it still not finished.

djoni_w can you open an issue on github and we can try and find a solution there, is easier that way. Also very interested in that script you made.

SumavisionQ5 yes I plan to update it but not sure when, and not sure if it will be using LE as the base I use is no longer being updated. Also reicast no longer compiles for me, so I might need to fiddle around it some more to even consider updating it.

Edited once, last by niabi (July 23, 2018 at 7:47 PM).

• niabi are you moving the project to coreelect? or something like batocera?

I tried the S912 version on a Mecool M8S Pro L and wasnt able to start the box, I used the provided dbt, and also the dtb I normally use with Librelec and Coreelec... its a shame, yours seems to be the only working emulationstation for S912 around

keep up the good work and thanks in advance

• Batocera its is own thing, and it works great for what it is, but I find it overly complicated for what I want, a simple almost boot and play kinda system, I know its not there yet, but still trying to reach that stage.

You can follow the development of Sx05RE on my Github

• niabi got it, as long as there is even a very simple version of emulationstation, Im all for it!!!

its hard to identify so many good games without an image and some info. For my AV needs I already have Coreelec and it works really good on the S912

• niabi got it, as long as there is even a very simple version of emulationstation, Im all for it!!!

its hard to identify so many good games without an image and some info. For my AV needs I already have Coreelec and it works really good on the S912

You can find a newer version for the S912 in my github, I sent you a PM with a link to it