Sx05RE v1.8.6 Emulationstation+Lakka+Kodi

• I've made the image, but it has some Libretro cores missing that I cannot compile on aarch64:

fuse-libretro, lutro, ppsspp (The standalone works fine) beetle-pcfx and picodrive.

here is the link: Dropbox - LibreELEC-WeTek_Play_2.aarch64-8.0-devel-20170327143124-r25613-g97f4fad.img.gz

Please note that I have not tested this, so please test it on an SD card, also, do not update the cores from the "core updater" menu as they will break the ones installed.

Hi I managed to do a quick test this morning before work and the image loads fine. Only problem is emulationstation shows a black screen and the WP2 locks up. Will test further later and check out the logs.

cheers

• Do you have a lot of roms? Are you loading it from the Kodi add-on ? It seems if you loading it from the add-on it shows a black screen for a bit ,then it loads .

Sent from my Lenovo K50-t5 using Tapatalk

• Do you have a lot of roms? Are you loading it from the Kodi add-on ? It seems if you loading it from the add-on it shows a black screen for a bit ,then it loads .

Sent from my Lenovo K50-t5 using Tapatalk

Not sure why its not working but it locks the WP2 and nothing is responsive and have to reset the box. I left it a few minutes but no change tried launching ES from addons and from the menu but same result. Im still using sx095re v1.4b from sd card and raybuntu on nand so its not really a problem just have to reboot from one to the other.

• Not sure why its not working but it locks the WP2 and nothing is responsive and have to reset the box. I left it a few minutes but no change tried launching ES from addons and from the menu but same result. Im still using sx095re v1.4b from sd card and raybuntu on nand so its not really a problem just have to reboot from one to the other.

Can you SSH to your box? you could then run emulationstation from the prompt and see what error it gives you, Raybuntu's build might be missing a library or something.
    [hr]

I would be happy to have a c64 and amiga core ;)

1.4c released :) and it includes Amiga and c64 libretro cores :)

Edited once, last by niabi (March 29, 2017 at 5:55 PM).

• Hello,

Thank you for the wonderfull work done!

I am using the 1.4c on the "Khadas Vim" and it's working quite well!

I encounter 2 issues:

1: When configuring for autostart emulationstation (uncomment the 3 last lines of autostart.sh), after reboot i get into emulationstation but the display is wrong (flickering, not centered,...)
    2: InstallToInternal: Followed the instructions but it's not working (did multiple time the process but the "Khadas" doesn't bootfromnand... )

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

G.

Edited once, last by Gontrand (March 31, 2017 at 9:54 AM).

• I am assuming by the asterisks that whatever device you are using is banned on this forum, so I have no idea how to help you :(

Did you use the correct DTB for your device?
    Does the build from Kszaq's work for you?

• Hi Niabi. Really compliment for your wonderful work!
    I have a question... I'm trying to use some n64 roms, but I'm not able to use well the controller (a SNES classic gamepad) with all of them. All keys works fine except the pad, so it's impossible to play, because the direction keys doesn't work. I tried to use a keyboard instead the controller, but with the same results... all keys works, but when I press the arrows keys I don't see anything effect on the game.
    With MAME and the SuperNintendo roms all works fine.
    Any suggestion? thanks a lot

Edited once, last by andrea75 (March 31, 2017 at 8:04 PM).

• Hi Niabi. Really compliment for your wonderful work!
    I have a question... I'm trying to use some n64 roms, but I'm not able to use well the controller (a SNES classic gamepad) with all of them. All keys works fine except the pad, so it's impossible to play, because the direction keys doesn't work. I tried to use a keyboard instead the controller, but with the same results... all keys works, but when I press the arrows keys I don't see anything effect on the game.
    With MAME and the SuperNintendo roms all works fine.
    Any suggestion? thanks a lot

I am not sure if you can play N64 games with a SNES controller, it doesn't have enough buttons.

To configure your controller you need to do it on RetroArch instead of ES (I really should change this) once you are in the N64 emulator, you can press F1 on your keyboard (maybe START+SELECT on the SNES pad) and go into settings, input, and bind all for player #1 and set up your keys to your needs.

• I am not sure if you can play N64 games with a SNES controller, it doesn't have enough buttons.

To configure your controller you need to do it on RetroArch instead of ES (I really should change this) once you are in the N64 emulator, you can press F1 on your keyboard (maybe START+SELECT on the SNES pad) and go into settings, input, and bind all for player #1 and set up your keys to your needs.

Maybe because the SNES controller doesn't have the analogic pad? :-/

• I have a pro kii (s905 with dual tuner dvb-t2/s2) device,
    I wanted to ask if it would be possible to install only the part of Emulationstation + Lakka without downloading the whole system.
    Thanks in advance.

• I have a pro kii (s905 with dual tuner dvb-t2/s2) device,
    I wanted to ask if it would be possible to install only the part of Emulationstation + Lakka without downloading the whole system.
    Thanks in advance.

sorry not for my build, but there is an addon called Bolts on! or something like that available in the freaktab forum that could work for you.
    [hr]

Keyboard TAB key not working in ADVMAME

I tried three different keyboard, How I can solve this? Any suggestions?
    Also Emulation Station, tell me that for mame roms I haven't set a platform, I don't know how to resolve this.
    Please help.

can you post a screensot of the error ES gives you? as for the keyboard kuljaz awnser is the solution.

Edited once, last by niabi (May 11, 2017 at 5:37 AM).

• The keyboard is okay.
    I think that now I have to configure the xbox 360 joypad in the right way to use it in advance mame.
    To enable scraper of mame roms I had to change <platform> from <mame> to <arcade> in es_systems.cfg.