Sx05RE v1.8.6 Emulationstation+Lakka+Kodi

• Hi
    nice build :)
    I was thinking about switching skin
    But What link / command should I use to start emulationstion, in the new skin???

T-J@Y

After you setup your controller, press start, then UI settings, at the very bottom there is an option to select Skin. for now you can only use the ones included.

• After you setup your controller, press start, then UI settings, at the very bottom there is an option to select Skin. for now you can only use the ones included.

Hi
    ok maybe I was not clear about what I meant :)
    I want to change skin in Kodi, and need to know which Link / commad I need to start Emulationstation in Kodi..
    In the original skin, the link is in the shut down menu, but if you want it in the main menu ( in a new skin in Kodi :) ) you need to know the link to the startup script...

T-J@Y

• Hi
    ok maybe I was not clear about what I meant :)
    I want to change skin in Kodi, and need to know which Link / commad I need to start Emulationstation in Kodi..
    In the original skin, the link is in the shut down menu, but if you want it in the main menu ( in a new skin in Kodi :) ) you need to know the link to the startup script...

T-J@Y

You need to run this:
    touch /var/lock/start.games
    systemctl start emustation

Sent from my Lenovo K50-t5 using Tapatalk
    [hr]

Niabi good job.
    I have tested and it works fine on mxqpro+

Upgrade to the latest version of kodi?
    What environment you use to compile the source?
    Can I help you ?

Help is always needed and appreciated.

I am currently working on making everything easier to update, including kodi. I want to move all the packages related to SX05RE to a different folder, so when and update with kszaq build is released a simple pull request will update it without breaking anything else. I am very new to all of this, so somethings get complicated at times.

Sent from my Lenovo K50-t5 using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by niabi (March 7, 2017 at 8:50 PM).

• I'm losing my audio driver using 1.4.

I've used the standard 8.0e version and all audio options are there?

Using a minix u1 using the minix u1 device tree on both ocations

Edited once, last by Danfozzy85 (March 10, 2017 at 6:54 PM).

• I did. It showed a screen "No gamepad detected"(or something close to this) and after I attached it still nothing happened.

You need a game pad, press and hold a button to configure your game pad :) you can also configure a keyboard, but I wouldn't recommend it.
    [hr]

I'm losing my audio driver using 1.4.

I've used the standard 8.0e version and all audio options are there?

Using a minix u1 using the minix u1 device tree on both ocations

What do you mean by this? RA has no sound? Kodi has no sound? or nothing at all has sound?

Edited once, last by niabi (March 10, 2017 at 11:44 PM).

• You need a game pad, press and hold a button to configure your game pad :) you can also configure a keyboard, but I wouldn't recommend it.
    [hr]

What do you mean by this? RA has no sound? Kodi has no sound? or nothing at all has sound?

No sound at all. The only audio output option I have on this LE release is bluetooth pulseaudio.

On the LE8.0e release which this is based on I get all the audio output options you would expect for my box

• No sound at all. The only audio output option I have on this LE release is bluetooth pulseaudio.

On the LE8.0e release which this is based on I get all the audio output options you would expect for my box

I will have to check this out, its weird since I have not moved anything related to audio, nor LE 8, I only added my packages, but maybe there is something wrong somewhere. Will check and let you know ASAP.

in the meantime can you do this:
    SSH to the box (username root, password sx05re)
    if your device is in Kodi, type:
    systemctl stop kodi

if its in ES type:
    systemctl stop emustation

then:
    ALSA_CARD=1 SDL_AUDIODRIVER=alsa retroarch

then load a core and see if you get sound, you can also try with ALSA_CARD=0, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc.

and also make sure you are running v1.4 as this was a bug (at least on my device) on LE 8.0.0c and d, but not present on e.

Edited once, last by niabi (March 11, 2017 at 4:51 PM).