Sx05RE v1.8.6 Emulationstation+Lakka+Kodi

• Cool :) when you test it please share your settings so I can add it to the list of devices :)

Well, it's looking good. I adjusted mine to boot straight into kodi.
    I think you should also modify it without the autostart.sh script (for problematic monitors like mine).
    The advantage is that the user has the possibility to adjust resolution-refresh from kodi first, and then emulationstation displays also ok.

Here is the device files, MiniMX.zip

Ps
    take a look at this, i think it needs the corrections i made so standalone ppsspp compiles ok ppsspp.zip.

Thanks for this top-quality work...

• Well, it's looking good. I adjusted mine to boot straight into kodi.
    I think you should also modify it without the autostart.sh script (for problematic monitors like mine).
    The advantage is that the user has the possibility to adjust resolution-refresh from kodi first, and then emulationstation displays also ok.

Here is the device files,

Ps
    take a look at this, i think it needs the corrections i made so standalone ppsspp compiles ok .

Thanks for this top-quality work...

As more people test it I think we can come to better solutions, since on my device kodi is not needed at all i figured it would work for all.

Thank you for sharing the ppsspp package! I am working on getting advmame to compile as well, I added it on the new version but as binary, I think it looks way better than fba but I am having a terrible time making a package so that it compiles, maybe you can look at it?

Edit: oh I see what you did, you fixed the package, I thought you made it compiles from source [emoji14]

Thanks again

Sent from my Lenovo K50-t5 using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by niabi (February 17, 2017 at 1:08 AM).

• As more people test it I think we can come to better solutions, since on my device kodi is not needed at all i figured it would work for all.

Thank you for sharing the ppsspp package! I am working on getting advmame to compile as well, I added it on the new version but as binary, I think it looks way better than fba but I am having a terrible time making a package so that it compiles, maybe you can look at it?

Thanks again

Sorry forgot, alex's libreelec binary addons repo doesn't work, perhaps change it to kzaqs?

• Sorry forgot, alex's libreelec binary addons repo doesn't work, perhaps change it to kzaqs?

Yeah I will do that. I am actually trying to port everything to the kszaqs build, I am grateful to have found AlexELEC because it motivated me to create this, but I think he is to focused on getting other things working more than a better libreelec as a whole.

Edited once, last by niabi (February 17, 2017 at 7:34 AM).

• Hi Niabi,

Your work is very interesting! Thanks for it.

It's very close to what I'm looking for. I'm using Kodi regularly and I have a separate Retropie setup.

I'm searching the better way to merge them on s905 and your build fullfill that. Personally I prefer start on kodi and then change to ES.

Is it difficult to modify the boot order?

• Hi Niabi,

Your work is very interesting! Thanks for it.

It's very close to what I'm looking for. I'm using Kodi regularly and I have a separate Retropie setup.

I'm searching the better way to merge them on s905 and your build fullfill that. Personally I prefer start on kodi and then change to ES.

Is it difficult to modify the boot order?

A few posts back I explained how to do this, you just need to modify the autostart.sh script via ssh or samba share.

• I changed the remote.conf but the "OK" button doesnt work. Other buttons on the remote work properly. When using kszaq's libreelec it does work. I have a nexbox a95x s905x btw.

EDIT: Nvm figured it out nyself i just downloaded keymap editor from the repo and remapped my key. Now i will try installing it to internal

Edited once, last by Hez13 (February 18, 2017 at 3:46 AM).

• I changed the remote.conf but the "OK" button doesnt work. Other buttons on the remote work properly. When using kszaq's libreelec it does work. I have a nexbox a95x s905x btw.

EDIT: Nvm figured it out nyself i just downloaded keymap editor from the repo and remapped my key. Now i will try installing it to internal

Glad you got it working :)

• @ Niabi

Could you please take a look at this: EmulationStation compile error ?

I managed to correct many compile errors before this, but now i am stuck :huh: .
    It must be a math library link problem but how?

Any advise is wellcome...

That is a problem I was having with Kszaqs build, which I assume that is what you are using.

you need to add the -lm option to the compiler, I made a patch for it. see attached.

Btw that is not the only problem you are going to have :(

After many hours trying to fix all the compiling errors and issues I successfully ported everything to the Kszaq v8 build, it all compiles and it seems to work, except emulationstation, which has a problem with a PNG library (or freeimage, can't remember) plus all the emulators don't have any sound, I assume its because v8 handles the sound differently or something.

I was going to try to install them manually and see if its something on my compile options or if its something on the build itself, but I was very tired to keep going (I did spent more than 8 hours or so fixing all the compiling errors :( since I was doing it all on trial and error)

• That is a problem I was having with Kszaqs build, which I assume that is what you are using.

you need to add the -lm option to the compiler, I made a patch for it. see attached.

Btw that is not the only problem you are going to have :(

After many hours trying to fix all the compiling errors and issues I successfully ported everything to the Kszaq v8 build, it all compiles and it seems to work, except emulationstation, which has a problem with a PNG library (or freeimage, can't remember) plus all the emulators don't have any sound, I assume its because v8 handles the sound differently or something.

I was going to try to install them manually and see if its something on my compile options or if its something on the build itself, but I was very tired to keep going (I did spent more than 8 hours or so fixing all the compiling errors :( since I was doing it all on trial and error)

You are mainly interested in the games part of the project. For me the Kodi part comes first.
    So i thought i can try to "add" to Kszaq's kodi build instead of the other way around :rolleyes: .

If it is freeimage you are having issues with, try this : freeimage-02-makefix.zip , i run into the same problem and i adjusted your patch. Freeimage compilation was then successful.

Thanks for the emulationstation patch will try it asap.

• You are mainly interested in the games part of the project. For me the Kodi part comes first.
    So i thought i can try to "add" to Kszaq's kodi build instead of the other way around :rolleyes: .

If it is freeimage you are having issues with, try this : , i run into the same problem and i adjusted your patch. Freeimage compilation was then successful.

Thanks for the emulationstation patch will try it asap.

Yeah I found out about the -std=gnu++98 for freeimage, as I said it compiles and all, but emulationstation complains about something either a PNG thing or a freeimage thing (can't remember exactly what) and it doesn't run.

And I totally understand your point, most people seem to want Kodi, but for that you might want to try and use the add-on made by pinguy in the freaktab forum ([LibreELEC] Bolt Ons! AceStream & EmulationStation + RetroArch/Libretro for S905/S905X devices! - FreakTab.com) it will probably be easier for you in the long run, since you can just install it over any LibreELEC build :)

But if you do manage to get all of the changes working on the Kzsaq build, please do share! :D

Edit: actually I can see the same problem on the Add-on I posted, you can see the error there, it seems to be something on LE 8 :(

Edited once, last by niabi (February 22, 2017 at 7:06 PM).

• Yeah I found out about the -std=gnu++98 for freeimage, as I said it compiles and all, but emulationstation complains about something either a PNG thing or a freeimage thing (can't remember exactly what) and it doesn't run.

And I totally understand your point, most people seem to want Kodi, but for that you might want to try and use the add-on made by pinguy in the freaktab forum ([LibreELEC] Bolt Ons! AceStream & EmulationStation + RetroArch/Libretro for S905/S905X devices! - FreakTab.comthis repo is forbidden see Banned Add-Ons-emulationstation-retroarch-libretro-for-s905-s905x-devices) it will probably be easier for you in the long run, since you can just install it over any LibreELEC build :)

But if you do manage to get all of my changes working on the Kzsaq build, please so share! :D

There is a saying here, "We want the pie untouched, AND the dog with a full stomach" which is at least hard to accomplish. :)

Your patch is a no-go, still the same errors. I also tried the -lm flag (in different parts of the code, and also unsuccessfully). I wonder if it should go in a higher level (libreelec config files).

I'll just keep trying... (and take a look at the addon you pointed). Thanks! ;)

Edit. At least Jokerz addon is working. Some corrections needed, but games play...

Edited once, last by Asxetos (February 22, 2017 at 7:12 PM).

• There is a saying here, "We want the pie untouched, AND the dog with a full stomach" which is at least hard to accomplish. :)

Your patch is a no-go, still the same errors. I also tried the -lm flag (in different parts of the code, and also unsuccessfully). I wonder if it should go in a higher level (libreelec config files).

I'll just keep trying... (and take a look at the addon you pointed). Thanks! ;)

Edit. At least Jokerz addon is working. Some corrections needed, but games play...

hmm I'll see if I changed anything else on the code and I will post it.

here is the problem I changed the emulationstation back to the retropie branch

Code
    PKG_NAME="emulationstation"
    PKG_VERSION="b851f91"
    PKG_REV="1"
    PKG_ARCH="any"
    PKG_LICENSE="GPL"
    PKG_SITE="https://github.com/RetroPie/EmulationStation"
    PKG_URL="https://github.com/RetroPie/EmulationStation/archive/$PKG_VERSION.tar.gz"
    PKG_SOURCE_DIR="EmulationStation*"
    PKG_DEPENDS_TARGET="toolchain systemd SDL2 boost freetype curl cmake:host freeimage eigen vlc libpng"

Edited once, last by niabi (February 22, 2017 at 7:34 PM).

• I think we need to put this option on libpng

-DPNG_ARM_NEON_OPT=0

edit: attached is a patch for freeimage that will fix the problem with ES :)

now we just need to fix the audio :(

Edited once, last by niabi (February 22, 2017 at 11:52 PM).

• I think we need to put this option on libpng

-DPNG_ARM_NEON_OPT=0

edit: attached is a patch for freeimage that will fix the problem with ES :)

now we just need to fix the audio :(

And perhaps attach the new patch?... :P :P

Edited once, last by Asxetos (February 23, 2017 at 1:56 AM).