Sx05RE v1.8.6 Emulationstation+Lakka+Kodi

• No splash screen at all, something with hdmi detection perhaps?

Tried it already, no go.

you should have gotten your device splash screen surely, right?

If you can try with the dtbs I linked just to make sure it is not that.

• you should have gotten your device splash screen surely, right?

If you can try with the dtbs I linked just to make sure it is not that.

Don't worry about the splash screen, i don't get one with LE either (old tv compatibility probably).

But, It takes an unreasonable amount of time ~ >7-8 mins, and finally emulationstation appears on ps output.
    after that "touch /var/lock/start.kodi" - "systemctl start kodi" works and gui comes on.

On reboot, again no gui, and "systemctl start kodi" alone does not work, needs "touch /var/lock/start.kodi" every time.
    I think this needs fixing. Gui should start automatically.

Will try the games part and report...

Edited once, last by Asxetos (February 15, 2017 at 6:15 AM).

• Don't worry about the splash screen, i don't get one with LE either (old tv compatibility probably).

But, It takes an unreasonable amount of time ~ >7-8 mins, and finally emulationstation appears on ps output.
    after that "touch /var/lock/start.kodi" - "systemctl start kodi" works and gui comes on.

On reboot, again no gui, and "systemctl start kodi" alone does not work, needs "touch /var/lock/start.kodi" every time.
    I think this needs fixing. Gui should start automatically.

Will try the games part and report...

I will check why is doing that, seems very weird, I am using v1.2 right now, but I will download the image and try that one, maybe by mistake I did something wrong.

• I will check why is doing that, seems very weird, I am using v1.2 right now, but I will download the image and try that one, maybe by mistake I did something wrong.

Now it's getting weird.

I see you have set emulationstation to load in autostart.sh but it doesn't.
    After i added a couple of roms and bios, when i manually start kodi gui, at the same time out of the blue the emulationstation gui pops out, and the two gui's are fighting each other.
    Plus the emulationstation gui is stretched and i can only see the top left part (about 1/4 i guess) on a 1920x1080 TV.

PS
    no change with your dtb (i use gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb)

Edited once, last by Asxetos (February 15, 2017 at 7:14 AM).

• Now it's getting weird.

I see you have set emulationstation to load in autostart.sh but it doesn't.
    After i added a couple of roms and bios, when i manually start kodi gui, at the same time out of the blue the emulationstation gui pops out, and the two gui's are fighting each other.
    Plus the emulationstation gui is stretched and i can only see the top left part (about 1/4 i guess) on a 1920x1080 TV.

PS
    no change with your dtb (i use gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb)

emulationstation should create a dummy n64 rom so it can load the gui, but this is done at first run.
    if you type systemctl status emustation.service it should give you any info if anything went wrong.

I just downloaded the image and its working as intended, so not sure whats going on with your device sorry :/ I only have one device to test

eulationstation needs /var/lock/start.games
    kodi needs /var/lock/start.kodi
    retroarch needs /var/lock/start.retro

but they should all behandled by the programs as they are all modified to do so.

just to check all possibilities, is your SD card fast enough? it takes about 20 seconds for my device to boot up so its very weird to me that it takes around 8 minutes for you :(

• The card is really fast, it's a Samsung uhs1.

The box boots really fast, just a few seconds to get ssh.

No gui starts, unless i manually start kodi and then the games gui comes to life and they start fighting.

If i manually try to start (like kodi) emulationstation or retroarch by:
    "touch /var/lock/start.games" or "touch /var/lock/start.retro" followed by "systemctl start retroarch or emustation"
    but before i start kodi, nothing happens. Both games gui's come alive only if kodi is started.

Weird...

PS
    I like your approach better because it (can be) more complete.
    My guess is (since it works on your end) it is a strange box compatibility problem.
    Perhaps it can be fixed if i compile it from scratch using minimx 1gb dtb and settings (add it as a new S905 device).

Edited once, last by Asxetos (February 15, 2017 at 8:32 AM).

• if you have those settings for the minimx I can try and compile a version for you.

• if you have those settings for the minimx I can try and compile a version for you.

That's ok, i like to do it and it will take some work.
    I also need to change the remote to mine, and add the patch i use for my usb dtb card (remember, old TV).

Thanks for this though...

• That's ok, i like to do it and it will take some work.
    I also need to change the remote to mine, and add the patch i use for my usb dtb card (remember, old TV).

Thanks for this though...

Cool, when you get it working please share it (or do a pull request on github) maybe it can help others :)

• Hi niabi

Have you considered start a fork of kszaq code instead of use the ones from AlexELEC (AlexELEC is kszaq + banned addons)?.

-It will made more easy to track changes between your code and the mainstream.
    -It's more easy rebase your changes to the last version of kszaq.
    -Made more easy send PR to kszaq if you find some error.
    -And last but not less important. Keep the commits history, maintaining the authorship of the original developers.

Edited once, last by CGarces (February 15, 2017 at 6:49 PM).

• Hello! I'm Jarkan from the batocera forum!

I just managed to run Sx095re on my Tronsmart Vega s95 telos and it works great!!! Thank you very much for this!

But, I have some questions...

1- How can I use my bundled remote controller to operate emulationstation and kodi? (mostly Kodi of course) I managed to put the remote.conf file from the openelec that I was using before on the config folder but I am definitely doing something wrong, LOL

2- How can I use my Bluetooth remote gamepad on Sx095re (if possible)

3- If it is possible I would like to have an option that starts directly in Kodi and the you can "exit" to emulationstation as in batocera...

Nothing else to say... Only that Sx095re was all what I was looking for my system. Thanks!

• Cool, when you get it working please share it (or do a pull request on github) maybe it can help others :)

Well, i officially need help :( .

New device MiniMX is in, and i think the following is in no way related to the device changes.
    Compile stops at vlc (when compiling the games related group near the end), complains about build.../toochain/bin/luac missing (it's there).
    Tried to overcome it by reverting to Alexelec's vlc and lua packages (small modifications made by you), installed lua 5.3 on host, no go.

Just out of curiosity i tried Alexelec's latest release for T95N (with dtb change) and it works fine on my box. Kodi, games and all... Its just a pain to get rid of all the Russian stuff :rolleyes:...

Edited once, last by Asxetos (February 16, 2017 at 9:16 AM).

• Hi niabi

Have you considered start a fork of kszaq code instead of use the ones from AlexELEC (AlexELEC is kszaq + banned addons)?.

-It will made more easy to track changes between your code and the mainstream.
    -It's more easy rebase your changes to the last version of kszaq.
    -Made more easy send PR to kszaq if you find some error.
    -And last but not less important. Keep the commits history, maintaining the authorship of the original developers.

I am actually working on this, but I have big problems compiling Kszaqs build (even without any modifications :s ) and its hard to get help on LE, so I am working on trial and error. but my goal is to make it work, since his version seems better than AlexEleec (which seems more focused on getting pirated video working :( )

The reason I used AlexElec in the first place was because he had emulationstation working, I don not like the banned addons and a lot of the russian stuff, so I removed it all but it was not an easy task for me, since I am a complete newbie to the world of libreleec and compiling for linux in general.

I will keep you posted if a make Kszaqs build work with all my changes.
    [hr]

Well, i officially need help :( .

New device MiniMX is in, and i think the following is in no way related to the device changes.
    Compile stops at vlc (when compiling the games related group near the end), complains about build.../toochain/bin/luac missing (it's there).
    Tried to overcome it by reverting to Alexelec's vlc and lua packages (small modifications made by you), installed lua 5.3 on host, no go.

Just out of curiosity i tried Alexelec's latest release for T95N (with dtb change) and it works fine on my box. Kodi, games and all... Its just a pain to get rid of all the Russian stuff :rolleyes:...

Does it stop when emulationstation is compiling? I had that problem so I had to add vlc as target and not as host.

can you post the error on pastebin or somewhere else?
    [hr]

I haven't really checked the remote as I don't use kodi at all, but I will check how this can be worked on (I am not sure if it can work on emulationstation)

Bluetooh has to be configured inside kodi for now.

It is possible, you just need to modify the /storage/.config/autostart.sh script and remove these lines

Code
    ./usr/lib/samba/samba-config
     systemctl start smbd

rm -r /var/lock/start.kodi
    touch /var/lock/start.games
    systemctl start emustation.service

note that I have not tested booting straight into Kodi.

Edited once, last by niabi (February 16, 2017 at 5:57 PM).