Sx05RE v1.8.6 Emulationstation+Lakka+Kodi

• The FBA romset should be the one for the latest FBA (not MAME).

if you can't find the themes folder on samba you could try the "root" folder then go to the emulatiostation and theme folder from there, I will check it for the next release.

Thanks for your fast response!

I ve found the folder .emulationstation, the problem was I have deactivated the show hiden file option, I allready change the theme!

what pack of roms do you recomend to play the classics Cps 1, cps 2, neogeo etc arcade games, MAME0.106 or FB Alpha v0.2.97.38 which are alocted en archive.org?

pd: my english is not the better, I know... lol

• Honestly I am not sure what roms works best.

Pd. si hablas español (lo supongo por el ARG al final de tu nombre), mándame un mensaje privado.

• Hi niabi,

Im try to build an image without kodi, its possible? if yes, how can I build an image without kodi?

And second question, how can I modify the emulation station menu? I dont want jump to kodi from the menu.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Great work niabi¡¡¡

• Removing Kodi is not an easy task, if you want to modify your own version without kodi I recommend you use the Lakka release, which already has Kodi removed, you will only need to add EmulationStation.

• Thanks niabi,

For now I try with your build, and do my own patches.

LeapOfFaith,

Your dbt file must have 1 Gb ethernet port, try with the same dbt file that kszaq.

Regards

• I have been updating every time Kszaq updates, but I haven't uploaded the binary, since my working laptop got damaged I have to use a potato to compile and its extremely slow. That said, I am trying to compile and upload v1.7 which includes all the fixes Kszaq has made plus many more.

I am sorry for the lack of binaries just bear with me until I can get another laptop.

• Thank you so much niabi ! I've had a quick play and your build is amazing. A single box running Kodi LE and Libretro - most impressive is it's even running Crazy Taxi at a playable frame rate (hope for Reicast to fix the audio clicks)!

Cannot wait for the next release to merge Kszaq's updates then this is going from USB to internal for sure!
    Hope the laptop is sorted soon. Or maybe the community can help somehow?

Do you have a donation page? All this deserves a coffee/beer.

• Thank you so much niabi ! I've had a quick play and your build is amazing. A single box running Kodi LE and Libretro - most impressive is it's even running Crazy Taxi at a playable frame rate (hope for Reicast to fix the audio clicks)!

Cannot wait for the next release to merge Kszaq's updates then this is going from USB to internal for sure!
    Hope the laptop is sorted soon. Or maybe the community can help somehow?

Do you have a donation page? All this deserves a coffee/beer.

Thanks, I do not usually ask for donations, but they are more than welcome if you want to. I have a paypal account, but I have not created a donation button. I can send it by PM if you want to :)

The new binary with the 8.2 from Kszaq update will be uploaded today, hopefully you guys can help me test it.

Edit: v1.7 PR1

Release Sx05RE v1.7 PR1 · shantigilbert/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Edited 2 times, last by niabi (September 15, 2017 at 9:59 PM).

• Thanks, I do not usually ask for donations, but they are more than welcome if you want to. I have a papal account, but I have not created a donation button. I can send it by PM :)

The new binary with the 8.2 from Kszaq update will be uploaded today, hopefully you guys can help me test it.

Edit: v1.7 PR1

Release Sx05RE v1.7 PR1 · shantigilbert/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Hey - happy to test. So failing at the first hurdle. When trying to access the Samba share I get asked for a password by default.

To get around this I tried by IP address instead of the network name. It allows you in yet the Roms folder is not shared. Neither is the root folder so can't get to it the long way around...

I've tried pulling the files from LE file manager yet no Roms/BIOS detected at startup.

Edit: Even with the roms/bios present they didn't detect and allow to run. So edited the samba.conf file to allow roms manually via the IP address.

All looks fine yet as called just "roms" I expect it is not detecting. Tried to get around this with adding the "sx05reroms" file in roms. Shall try renaming the roms folder too yet could need looking at as although tired I don't think its me (apologies if it is).

Edited once, last by Quidgebo (September 14, 2017 at 11:44 PM).

• Hey - happy to test. So failing at the first hurdle. When trying to access the Samba share I get asked for a password by default.

To get around this I tried by IP address instead of the network name. It allows you in yet the Roms folder is not shared. Neither is the root folder so can't get to it the long way around...

I am currently pulling files instead using the Kodi file manager so I can get ES playing, yet compared to 1.6.5 looks like the new Samba settings are causing some issues.

Thanks! I think that's an easy fix, I probably forgot to change the default setting.

• Thanks! I think that's an easy fix, I probably forgot to change the default setting.

Edit: Even with the roms/bios present they didn't detect and allow to run. So edited the samba.conf file to share roms manually via the IP address.

All looks fine yet the folder is called "roms" in storage, I presume a planned change to 1.6.5. Anywho so cannot get loaded in to ES, only Kodi.

Tried to get around this with adding the "sx05reroms" file in roms too, yet no change - Kodi looks sweet though. CEC, audio pass and PS4 added to bluetooth OK.

• Edit: Even with the roms/bios present they didn't detect and allow to run. So edited the samba.conf file to share roms manually via the IP address.

All looks fine yet the folder is called "roms" in storage, I presume a planned change to 1.6.5. Anywho so cannot get loaded in to ES, only Kodi.

Tried to get around this with adding the "sx05reroms" file in roms too, yet no change - Kodi looks sweet though. CEC, audio pass and PS4 added to bluetooth OK.

I will test this hopefully tonight. ES should look for roms inside /storage/roms/<system>