SD Card upgrade clone to new SD Card

• Hello guys. I've currently installed a build of LibreElec on my Pi 3 I'm using a old SD card 4GB for now until my new SD card comes. I'm replacing the SD card to a SanDisk Ultra 16 GB MicroSDHC UHS-I I was wondering is there anyway I can clone the old SD card keeping my addons such as Radio addons and YouTube addons also a theme which I customised? I am a Mac user also use Linux Mint for something's but use Mac as my primary OS so what's the best way to do this any ideas?

Thank you.

Jack.

• As a MAC user I find the easiest way to save an existing image and use it to clone onto new cards is use a free app called Apple piBaker. Brilliant and simple. No need to use terminal etc if you are unsure how to do it that way.
    The app is on the link below
    Tweaking4All.com - MacOS X - ApplePi Baker - Prep SD-Cards for IMG or NOOBS
    You can easily clone the img across from a small card such as your 4GB not a larger sized card. You don't really need such a large capacity to run OE though, for example locally the smallest cards I can purchase are 8Gb and that is overkill!

• As a MAC user I find the easiest way to save an existing image and use it to clone onto new cards is use a free app called Apple piBaker. Brilliant and simple. No need to use terminal etc if you are unsure how to do it that way.
    The app is on the link below
    Tweaking4All.com - MacOS X - ApplePi Baker - Prep SD-Cards for IMG or NOOBS
    You can easily clone the img across from a small card such as your 4GB not a larger sized card. You don't really need such a large capacity to run OE though, for example locally the smallest cards I can purchase are 8Gb and that is overkill!

Hi. Thanks for you reply bromerrz. I bought a 16GB SD card as it was a good deal on Amazon. I found the card for £5. I was looking at 8GB cards but couldn't find one for the same price. With Apple Pi Baker with that allow me to the save the image locally I.e on the NAS? Would it be possible to use the same image on another Pi 3?

Thanks.

Jack.

• Or you could just use the LE backup tool.

1. Make backup while running from old SD and save it somewhere (PC, USB drive, etc.)
    2. Burn LE to new SD card with LE USB tool.
    3. Boot new SD card
    4. Copy your backup to SD card and restore with LE tool.
    5. Profit

You could image the 4GB card on your 16GB directly using dd in linux, but then you would also need to use gparted to expand the 2nd partition to use the extra new space available.

• Or you could just use the LE backup tool.

1. Make backup while running from old SD and save it somewhere (PC, USB drive, etc.)
    2. Burn LE to new SD card with LE USB tool.
    3. Boot new SD card
    4. Copy your backup to SD card and restore with LE tool.
    5. Profit

You could image the 4GB card on your 16GB directly using dd in linux, but then you would also need to use gparted to expand the 2nd partition to use the extra new space available.

Would you have a Link for LE backup tool? I think it would be better to save the image to my NAS for future purposes also.