Community forum for S802 devices

• I came over from another forum and I must say drieschel helped me with my Vega S89-H (S802H), and he's right there should be a forum for our devices, I'm sure there's a lot of them that could benefit from installing LibreELEC ! I love my box even more now !

• Settings such as deinterlacing are accessable while playing video and then choosing "video settings" (see attachment, image from my x86 openelec htpc). I used to run "OpenELEC-Amlogic.arm-S82-6.0.0"

You get the deinterlacing options back when you disable amcodec (Settings->Video->Acceleration->Allow hardware acceleration - amcodec). But the movies will be decoded by software then and not by hardware. If I understood it correct, there is no need for the deinterlacing options when amcodec is used ([solved] Request Kodi code to Set De-interlacing OFF by default).

Edit: Could you save the dmesg output directly after boot (before the ring buffer turned a round^^) and attach it here?

I came over from another forum and I must say drieschel helped me with my Vega S89-H (S802H), and he's right there should be a forum for our devices, I'm sure there's a lot of them that could benefit from installing LibreELEC ! I love my box even more now !

Glad you found the way to this forum.

Edited once, last by drieschel (July 11, 2016 at 1:45 PM).

• Just to confirm, bluetooth works on my S89-H!

Also I tried updating to your last version by copying the LibreELEC-S802.S82.arm-7.0.2-1.zip file into the update folder and rebooted the box. I didn't update and reboot by itself, so I rebooted it again and still no joy.

Another unrelated issue is now I can see my boxes on my network, yesterday I could see them as other "computers" on my network, but today they're gone, anybody know how to make them "visible" again ?

• Also I tried updating to your last version by copying the LibreELEC-S802.S82.arm-7.0.2-1.zip file into the update folder and rebooted the box. I didn't update and reboot by itself, so I rebooted it again and still no joy.

Sure that it didn't update? You can check the Operating System version at System->System info->Summary: Operating System ... Version: ...

Another unrelated issue is now I can see my boxes on my network, yesterday I could see them as other "computers" on my network, but today they're gone, anybody know how to make them "visible" again ?

I assume you are talking about a windows network. Try rebooting your pc and they probably will appear again. Important is that Samba is activated on the devices. You could also try to access to a single device through the windows explorer with \\device-name or \\device-ip.

• Sure that it didn't update? You can check the Operating System version at System->System info->Summary: Operating System ... Version: ...

I assume you are talking about a windows network. Try rebooting your pc and they probably will appear again. Important is that Samba is activated on the devices. You could also try to access to a single device through the windows explorer with \\device-name or \\device-ip.

I'm at work now, I'll check when I get home in 4hrs ;)

Thanks for the tip, I managed to connect with \\device-name from work and if I look in the update folder, the .zip file is still there, should it be gone if it updated normally ?

• My bad! I told him that he can also use .zip. :angel:

Alright, copying the .tar file worked, the update ran without any issues. Thanks kszaq.

Thank you Drieschel, for modifying boot up part to remove the scrolling text, I think it looks way better this way.

Now I only need to backup my LibreELEC, flash it back to stock to get the TRONSMART logo instead of finless' rom logo when the machines powers up. And reinstall LibreELEC to make it awesome again :)

Thanks for your help guys!

Edited once, last by Bossman74 (July 11, 2016 at 11:12 PM).

• You get the deinterlacing options back when you disable amcodec (Settings->Video->Acceleration->Allow hardware acceleration - amcodec). But the movies will be decoded by software then and not by hardware. If I understood it correct, there is no need for the deinterlacing options when amcodec is used ([solved] Request Kodi code to Set De-interlacing OFF by default).

Edit: Could you save the dmesg output directly after boot (before the ring buffer turned a round^^) and attach it here?

Glad you found the way to this forum.

This should be the dmesg output fresh from start.

I'm wondering, are there settings which can be adjusted on the amcodec? Such as deinterlace type, scaling method, and so on?

• Can I update my S802-H with the "LibreELEC-S802.S82.arm-8.0-alpha" file?

Can I just put the .tar file in the update folder or should I start from zero ?

This should work. But the 8.0 alpha version is more buggy than the 7.0er. If you prefer more stableness, you should wait with the change to 8.0.

• That's a good question I sadly can't answer (because I am not part of the team yet and Krypton is still alpha). But it will still take some time, that's pretty sure.