Community forum for S802 devices

• I've tried to find info in the thread, but couldn't find it..

Does this version also run on the ENY EM8 (the M8 square box) 2G RAM S802 ?
    (or does this version also run from SD? That would make it easier to test)
    <edit>
    oh, browsing the images, it looks like this version should do it:
    Index of /LibreElec/M8

time to make a bootable SD.
    </edit>

Edited once, last by sentry23 (July 18, 2016 at 6:13 PM).

• I've tried to find info in the thread, but couldn't find it..

Does this version also run on the ENY EM8 (the M8 square box) 2G RAM S802 ?
    (or does this version also run from SD? That would make it easier to test)

Can't say about running from SD, but I've tried to run M8 builds of OpenELEC on my box and there was always same problem: some buttons on my remote won't work. And power button won't work too.

So I think you can try, but be ready to this

Edited once, last by freeque (July 18, 2016 at 6:14 PM).

• Can you fix this link in the first post please?

Sure, I can do this. Was hoping that there will be a community forum for S802 devices soon, so I could pin a topic with LibreElec builds for S802 devices. This thread is/was basically a request for such a forum.

This will probably work with your device. But I don't think that this will work on SD, except the bootloader on your device knows how to handle LE partitions. But I could try to add this abilty in future.

Edited once, last by drieschel (July 18, 2016 at 7:58 PM).

• Sure, I can do this. Was hoping that there will be a community forum for S802 devices soon, so I could pin a topic with LibreElec builds for S802 devices. This thread is/was basically a request for such a forum.

This will probably work with your device. But I don't think that this will work on SD, except the bootloader on your device knows how to handle LE partitions. But I could try to add this abilty in future.

Adding that would be a great feature (it didnt boot from SD)
    Thank you for all the work so far by the way :)

I'm using it now with openelec (on a very stable kodi 15), but a stable 16 is hard to find for it, and I honestly feel LibreElec is the future at the moment anyway.
    Can I upgrade it with the tar (from the current my openelec) and would it be easy to downgrade with tar as well to openelec ?

• Fingers are crossed!

Well.. So far so good. Upgrade with almost no issues from Openelec 6.0.3 by tar upgrade. (even all my settings were kept)

Odd error at the end of the upgrade about not able to mount system, but after a hard reboot all worked. I just had to remove an incompatible skin to get it to work as it should.
    It seems my custom keymap for mapping numeric tv remote buttons to playback control had to be moved from the global to the fullscreenvideo section of the xml, but stable, smooth and playing everything I throw at her

great work!
    <edit>even Bluetooth is working as well (no go with openelec), and I managed to join a PS3 BD remote and have it work directly..</edit>

Edited once, last by sentry23 (July 19, 2016 at 11:10 PM).

• great work!
    <edit>even Bluetooth is working as well (no go with openelec), and I managed to join a PS3 BD remote and have it work directly..</edit>

Thank you! :)

freeque
    You should try the newest version 7.0.2-2-devel. Your PVR buffering problem could be also solved with this build.

dipswitch
    mce is working with version 7.0.2-2-devel.

• freeque
    You should try the newest version 7.0.2-2-devel. Your PVR buffering problem could be also solved with this build.

Hello! Unfortunately problem is still there: buffering every 15-20 seconds when amcodec turned on and all is fine when not

At this time problem not appears only in build 8.0.0. By the way there is no option "amcodec" at all in this build :D

Edited once, last by freeque (July 21, 2016 at 8:58 PM).

• Hello! Unfortunately problem is still there: buffering every 15-20 seconds when amcodec turned on and all is fine when not

Hmm. Thought it would have been fixed.

At this time problem not appears only in build 8.0.0. By the way there is no option "amcodec" at all in this build

You can find amocdec option in "Player settings" => Videos.

• Hello drieschel! Can you post any changelog for 8.0.2 build, or maybe you can say where we can find it?

It's not 8.0.2! It's 8.0-2 which means it's still 8.0 with some changes to the version I uploaded before. Will check the changes later and write them to you.

Edited once, last by drieschel (July 23, 2016 at 12:27 PM).

• I have some buffering issues with files larger than 6gb. Would manually mounting my NFS source help to fix that like mentionned here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?...855#pid1953855 ?

Can someone tell me how I could do that on LibreELEC, or point me to a "how-to" ?

Hi Bossman!

Everything is explained in the post you mentioned. Which informations don't you find in the post or do you need additionally?

PS: Did you already try to play file larger than 6gb through another network file system like smb/cifs?

Edited once, last by drieschel (July 29, 2016 at 4:31 PM).

• Hi Bossman!

Everything is explained in the post you mentioned. Which informations don't you find in the post or do you need additionally?

I wasn't sure if it was the same in OpenELEC and LibreELEC...

Also what is "sqlite" ? Sorry if this is all obvious for you guys, but I'm newbie in this kind of stuff.

Is this solutiion still needed with the version of KODI we're using, I don't want to mess it up for nothing?