Community forum for S802 devices

• Is it possible to create a forum for the Amlogic S802 devices in the community section? I already have a great working build (thanks to kszaq and kerber for their help!) for S82. So people would find it better I think. Adding more S802 devices wouldn't be a problem.

Here are the sources GitHub - drieschel/LibreELEC.tv: LibreELEC fork for Amlogic S802 devices
    and here my last builds Index of /LibreElec

Working in LE 7.0.2:
    - 3D mode auto switching
    - 4k resolutions
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi
    - LAN

Not Working yet:
    - Power off (is rebooting instead)
    - Some IRs doesn't seem to work correctly

Edited once, last by drieschel (July 18, 2016 at 11:52 PM).

• Hi drieschel!

I have a couple of questions about your fork for Amlogic S802 libreELEC and my android box if you could help...

Here goes:

My box is a Droidbox T8-S openELEC, specs are:

CPU AmLogic S802 QuadCore ARM Cortex A9@2GHz
    GPU Eight core Mali 450
    2GB ddr3 ram and 16GB eMMC

It has the ability on the Android OS to boot to openELEC and in openELEC to reboot to android.

Is your fork capable of this?

Can this fork be installed onto the box rather than an SD card?

Could I have libreELEC and openELEC and the Android system all on the same box?

Any feedback would be great. Apologys if fork is the wrong term for your build.

• Hi gazsheard,

glad that you ask!

Is your fork capable of this?

Only S82/S89 is supported at the moment but I think that I can add your device. Maybe I need a some help, if it has different hardware (ie wifi) than the S82/89.

Can this fork be installed onto the box rather than an SD card?

It probably depends on the bootloader from your android if you can boot from sd or not.

Could I have libreELEC and openELEC and the Android system all on the same box?

If you have a libreElec version and an openElec version which boot from sd, yes!

Apologys if fork is the wrong term for your build.

Why should be fork the worng term?

Edited once, last by drieschel (June 11, 2016 at 2:25 PM).

• Found this on the boxes manual regarding WiFi:

802.11n 2.4GHZ/5GHZ Dual Band WiFi 100Mbit Ethernet.

My guess is you would need a picture of the boxes inerds which I will do if you need.

It probably depends on the bootloader from your android if you can boot from sd or not.

By that do you mean the internal SD as seen in ES File Explorer? As in the boxes internal memory?

Why should be fork the worng term?

Some prefer fork, some build... Wasn't sure so thought I should ask to be polite.

I'm liking the possibility of having libreELEC being included on my box as I prefer the boot to openELEC and leave the box set to that, so it launches straight to kodi every boot. However as its still on Isengard its slowly failing dependencies and the newer skins I have on the android kodi arnt compatable. Rock on libreELEC with Jarvis!

Keep up the great work and if I can be of assistance please let me know.

• I made a build for T8. Do you know the main difference between T8 and T8-S? It is the nand size I guess.

You can download the build here: Index of /LibreElec/T8 - There is no guarantee that it works and use it on your own risk.

By that do you mean the internal SD as seen in ES File Explorer? As in the boxes internal memory?

No! I mean that the bootloader from your android system, which is installed on the internal memory (nand), must be able to boot from a sd card or usb stick.

• hey @drieschel would like to see your build to S905 MiniMX
    i think you will be the first guy, if you port LE toS905, afaik no one did
    thanks

Your request here is totally OT but if you buy me one I could try.

Back to t: @admins, @mods Something like a community forum for S802 devices would be great.

Edited once, last by drieschel (June 14, 2016 at 6:45 PM).

• [quote]I made a build for T8. Do you know the main difference between T8 and T8-S? It is the nand size I guess.

You can download the build here: Index of /LibreElec/T8 - There is no guarantee that it works and use it on your own risk.

Quote:

No! I mean that the bootloader from your android system, which is installed on the internal memory (nand), must be able to boot from a sd card or usb stick.[quote]

Will give this ago at the weekend. Differences between them is AFAIK, one can duel boot and has more internal memory the other doesn't.

I've booked marked the wiki page and I'm all set.

Cheers!

Edited once, last by gazsheard (June 14, 2016 at 8:45 PM).

• Will give this ago at the weekend. Differences between them is AFAIK, one can duel boot and has more internal memory the other doesn't.

I've booked marked the wiki page and I'm all set.

Cheers!

Dual boot sounds good and the different nand size shouldn't be a problem. It should work if everything else is similar to T8. And if not, we can work on it.^^

• Hello! First of all thank you for giving us Jarvis on S802 devices!

Just a little bugreport:) Your build of LibreELEC (LibreELEC-S802.S82.arm-7.0-devel) works fine to me exept one thing: when I watching liveTV via PVR Simple Client (v 1.12.12) it works about 2-3 minutes and then starts to "buffering" every 15-20 secs.

I noticed that if "amcodec" acceleration is turned off - problem not appears, so cause of problem is in amcodec:)

• Hello! First of all thank you for giving us Jarvis on S802 devices!

Just a little bugreport Your build of LibreELEC (LibreELEC-S802.S82.arm-7.0-devel) works fine to me exept one thing: when I watching liveTV via PVR Simple Client (v 1.12.12) it works about 2-3 minutes and then starts to "buffering" every 15-20 secs.

I noticed that if "amcodec" acceleration is turned off - problem not appears, so cause of problem is in amcodec

Hi freeque (is this the french version of freak? :)),

thanks for your post! Which S802 device do you own exactly?

To your trouble: Can you enable the codecinfo (Codecinfo - Official Kodi Wiki) screen and check what happens with the buffer/cache before it starts "buffering"? Is it possible that the stream quality is lower when you watch without amcodec?

• Hi freeque (is this the french version of freak? ),

thanks for your post! Which S802 device do you own exactly?

To your trouble: Can you enable the codecinfo (Codecinfo - Official Kodi Wiki) screen and check what happens with the buffer/cache before it starts "buffering"? Is it possible that the stream quality is lower when you watch without amcodec?

Unfortunately I have no "O" key on my remote:(
    I use MXIII-2G TVBox, and ussualy I install firmwares for S82 (starting from OpenELEC 4).
    About stream quality: I have NAS and I stream video content from if via FTP, SMB and HTTP. These videos has a bitrate about 20-30Mbit/Sec and it plays fine, problem appears only in PVR client with 1-2 Mbit TV channels:)

• Unfortunately I have no "O" key on my remote
    I use MXIII-2G TVBox, and ussualy I install firmwares for S82 (starting from OpenELEC 4).
    About stream quality: I have NAS and I stream video content from if via FTP, SMB and HTTP. These videos has a bitrate about 20-30Mbit/Sec and it plays fine, problem appears only in PVR client with 1-2 Mbit TV channels

When my research is correct, the MXIII-2G is almost identical to the 16 GB version of the S82. To be honest, I don't know what the problem with the amcodec could be. I will rebuild the release with shared interrupts for mali enabled in the kernel and you can try if it solves the problem. Let you know when I uploaded it.

• When my research is correct, the MXIII-2G is almost identical to the 16 GB version of the S82. To be honest, I don't know what the problem with the amcodec could be. I will rebuild the release with shared interrupts for mali enabled in the kernel and you can try if it solves the problem. Let you know when I uploaded it.

Thank you very much! I will wait:)

• Damn! The nand in my box seems to get destroyed. Tried almost all recovery methods, including the BootCardMaker method, and nothing worked. Maybe I need another u-boot.bin for recovering but I am not sure. Took the bootloader.img and renamed it to u-boot.bin. Maybe someone has another idea I could try ( kszaq ? ). Otherwise I need to get another S802 Box.

I appended a photo with the errors.

PS: Could it be a temperature problem? The box is getting very warm.

• Bought another S802 box, which will arrive on friday. So I can develop more for S802 devices *yippie*. And in the meantime I can use my WeTek Core in for watching.

And I should buy a serial debug board for debugging at boot. :)

Edited once, last by drieschel (June 29, 2016 at 11:56 AM).

• Bought another S802 box, which will arrive on friday. So I can develop more for S802 devices *yippie*. And in the meantime I can use my WeTek Core in for watching.

Great news for everyone! You're the one who make something for S802 right now:)

• @dreischel The only time I saw this issue was on a S905 box when u-boot supplied wrong command line arguments to recovery. Have you tried flashing factory ROM via USB Burning Tool? Also remove aml_autoscript from SD card as it may corrupt the boot process somehow.