Posts by gazsheard

[quote]I made a build for T8. Do you know the main difference between T8 and T8-S? It is the nand size I guess.

You can download the build here: Index of /LibreElec/T8 - There is no guarantee that it works and use it on your own risk.

Quote:
    By that do you mean the internal SD as seen in ES File Explorer? As in the boxes internal memory?

No! I mean that the bootloader from your android system, which is installed on the internal memory (nand), must be able to boot from a sd card or usb stick.[quote]

Will give this ago at the weekend. Differences between them is AFAIK, one can duel boot and has more internal memory the other doesn't.

I've booked marked the wiki page and I'm all set.

Cheers!

Found this on the boxes manual regarding WiFi:

802.11n 2.4GHZ/5GHZ Dual Band WiFi 100Mbit Ethernet.

My guess is you would need a picture of the boxes inerds which I will do if you need.

It probably depends on the bootloader from your android if you can boot from sd or not.

By that do you mean the internal SD as seen in ES File Explorer? As in the boxes internal memory?

Why should be fork the worng term?

Some prefer fork, some build... Wasn't sure so thought I should ask to be polite.

I'm liking the possibility of having libreELEC being included on my box as I prefer the boot to openELEC and leave the box set to that, so it launches straight to kodi every boot. However as its still on Isengard its slowly failing dependencies and the newer skins I have on the android kodi arnt compatable. Rock on libreELEC with Jarvis!

Keep up the great work and if I can be of assistance please let me know.

Hi drieschel!

I have a couple of questions about your fork for Amlogic S802 libreELEC and my android box if you could help...

Here goes:

My box is a Droidbox T8-S openELEC, specs are:

CPU AmLogic S802 QuadCore ARM Cortex A9@2GHz
    GPU Eight core Mali 450
    2GB ddr3 ram and 16GB eMMC

It has the ability on the Android OS to boot to openELEC and in openELEC to reboot to android.

Is your fork capable of this?

Can this fork be installed onto the box rather than an SD card?

Could I have libreELEC and openELEC and the Android system all on the same box?

Any feedback would be great. Apologys if fork is the wrong term for your build.